Anyone Want to Travel on the Weekend?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnyone Want to Travel on the Weekend?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there anyone who would like to travel to somewhere on weekend? Maybe we can set up a group to travel? 🙂

Keymaster

I’d like to go to Siguniang Shan to go hiking for a day or two.

Participant

Hi Charlie. I really want to go to Si Gu Niang Shan too! I heard that it is very beautiful, particularly in autumn! But, are you sure one or two days are enough? I also heard that it will take 7 or 8 hours to go there by car. I only have two-day free time on weekend.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    But, are you sure one or two days are enough? I also heard that it will take 7 or 8 hours to go there by car. I only have two-day free time on weekend.

I haven’t been there before but I just looked it up and it seems you’re right. It’ll take 4+ hours to get there which makes it unsuitable for a weekend trip. I’m open to something else.

Participant

I will join! To go there you need four days, but now it’s really cold there.

Participant

I was up there about a month ago. Highly recommended. But road is in terrible condition, a truck would be better than a car.

-Brian

Participant

Unfortunately I only have two days on weekend. If we want to totally enjoy our time there, two days are not enough. 🙂 Any other recommendations?:)

Participant

Hi, I’m interested, I also have 4 days off the 22nd-25th Dec, was hoping to go out west or to Yunnan to a tibetan village. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or also looking for a meditation retreat. Thanks in advance for any info.

Participant

Hi Jenise. Yunnan is beautiful. But four days are not enough to go there. How about 海螺沟 or 西岭雪山?

Participant

well i was thinking of taking the train on Thursday night arriving on Friday and then flying back on Tuesday.

What is the name of the place Tracy in pinyin? I only recognize “mountain”

Participant

It’s Hai Luo Gou or Xi Ling snow mountain. 🙂

Participant

I have other plans this weekend.

Maybe explore around wenchuan, there are hills there but I don’t know what the hiking is like. I’ve had half an idea to go for a while.

Quote:
    I haven’t been there before but I just looked it up and it seems you’re right. It’ll take 4+ hours to get there which makes it unsuitable for a weekend trip. I’m open to something else.

Siguniang Shan is good, but somewhat far for a weekend, and the wolong road is an absolute shocker considering how close to Chengdu it is, but it’s possible. I’ve got some more information is anyone’s interested.

I understand the lowest of the four girls is ‘hike-able’ in two days. Which I’d love to do sometime. I’m not sure if it’s too late in the year now though.

Participant
    Quote:
    well i was thinking of taking the train on Thursday night arriving on Friday and then flying back on Tuesday.

Jenise, I don’t know what your yunnan plan is, and I don’t want to be down on it but some trains are very slow.

trains to Kunming are 20 hours, Dali is a further 7 and Lijiang 4 past that.

Personally Lijiang is crazy overrated and little more than a giant Jinli Street.

Depends what you’re looking for, but with 4 days you can do some pretty interesting stuff a little nearer.

Participant

Oh, I didn’t mean that we have to go this weekend. Any weekend is ok as long as we can set up a group. Xi Ling snow mountain is not bad. We can ski there as well besides climbing the mountain. 🙂

Keymaster

西岭雪山 is the place to go, I think. We have to wait until we can ski there, though. When will the weather be right for that?

Participant

It is said that snow in Xi Ling snow mountain will be 60-centimeter deep from the late of Nov. this year to the late of Mar. next year. On the way back to CD, there will also be hot spring. 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    On the way back to CD, there will also be hot spring. 🙂

That is perfect. Hot springs in the winter are the best.

Participant

I’m going to Xilin mountain in 2 weeks from now with my school, I’ll let you guys know about the snow.

My colleague went to check the place out 2 days ago and there was no snow so far..

Participant

Thank you, Lino. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.