Apartment for rent at Tongzilin, direct landlord

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsApartment for rent at Tongzilin, direct landlord

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Brand new high end quality decoration apartment, two bedrooms, fully furni and electronic appliances, location near Tongzilin Road, just five mins walk to Carrefour supermarket, banks, TongZiLin Subway station, will be available in Oct.

Address: The Master, #48, 4th segment, Renmingnan road, Chengdu

Direct landlord, for details, pls feel free to contact me :

email : [email protected]

smartphone : “Whatsapp” +8613266942394

Keymaster

If you list the price, you’ll be much more likely to find a tenant.

125 square meter, Rent : RMB$11,000 per mth.

Participant

Only 11,000rmb? where do i sign up?

Participant

Regal Master is pretty expensive but if I’m ever paying 11k for a 125sqm place, it better be pretty fucking awesome

Participant

There are more expensive places in the complex, that’s reasonable – if it’s higher end decoration and not some cheesy shite with lots of domestic brand appliances. Just because you can rent a cheap flat that “works” doesn’t mean everyone wants to 😀

If I rented my place I’d expect more than that, and it’s not much bigger.

Keymaster
    Quote:

If you tried to rent it here then you’d probably get teased just like this person is, then.

Participant
    Quote:

hidden brag!

Is there any foreign people who wants to rent an apartment in ChengDu ? I have an apartment in the CBD area of ChengDu. It is 500 square feet and it has kitchen and bathroom .

Only go to master if you like having your power/gas/water shut off without warning every couple of weeks. And shitty China Unicom internet. (ok, just shittier than China Telecom, they’re all shit) Can’t wait to get out of this place.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Only go to master if you like having your power/gas/water shut off without warning every couple of weeks. And shitty China Unicom internet. (ok, just shittier than China Telecom, they’re all shit) Can’t wait to get out of this place.

So basking in the lavish guanxi afforded by a residential complex named The Master isn’t worth it? Somewhere out there there’s a Chinese guy who lives at The Master, drinks champagne in Rich Club every night, and wears golden loafers and white pants to all of Chengdu’s hottest hot pot restaurants.

Participant

@James, can u pm me a price plz

@ivan and rick i know you’ve been getting teased for living fat, but i’ve seen apts that are rented out for 12k a month here and i know that

a) they exist

b) tend to be on par with a pretty good european/american apt in a major city

c) are still grossly overpriced for this grossly overpriced market.

d) are the dream of every golden loafer sportin pig fat slurping 暴发户in the dirty dirty du

On second thought. The market is overpriced, so i guess 12k is not completely ridunkulous. I mean a 4k apartment in chengdu is pretty damn good for Chinese standards, then you get to like 7-9k and those are what golden loafers lives in now: fake baller cribs. Then once you break 10k, yer starting to get into pretty baller stuff. Now REAL ballers have their companies pay 40k for an apt. Which also exist in the du.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    On second thought. The market is overpriced, so i guess 12k is not completely ridunkulous. I mean a 4k apartment in chengdu is pretty damn good for Chinese standards, then you get to like 7-9k and those are what golden loafers lives in now: fake baller cribs. Then once you break 10k, yer starting to get into pretty baller stuff. Now REAL ballers have their companies pay 40k for an apt. Which also exist in the du.

The only thing that’s on par with basic Western luxury that I’ve seen in Chengdu are the actual houses with a garage and driveway at Orchard Villas. An 8k apartment here is like an average apartment in Washington DC. Things like an oven and dryer are big shot amenities here. And when you get to actual luxury, there just is no equivalent that I’ve ever seen in Chengdu. This might change with new developments that are going up now – Raffles City looks nice from the outside, but then, so does pretty much everything. The upcoming Ritz Carlton in Chengdu will be 20%+ residential units, those will undoubtedly be of world class standard.

My sister is upper class but not wealthy and this is what her living room looks like:

living-room.jpg

Paying an enormous premium for luxury accommodation in China in a complex named Heaven, Utopia, or Royalty is kind of silly to me since it is not actual luxury. It is mainland China luxury.

Good examples of how luxury is relative.

@Charlie

Actually, the name “Master” was offensive. My place is 5k. And I wouldn’t call what I’m getting for 5k there luxurious, but I realize I’m living according to western and not Chinese standards. I choose the place because of A: Proximity to the metro (no orange lamborghini for me) and B: Because my housing agent sold me a bad bill of goods.

I’m actually thinking of moving down to Swan Lake, near the Software park. Same sort of place, 3k a month in stead, according to a friend who moved there recently.

I am just trashing Master because I honestly don’t like the building, and the whole “shutting shit off with no notice” is not something a prospective tenant will find out about until too late otherwise. I did not mean to come off as “rich” – I tend to live under my means, if anything. I don’t bother with an Ayi because I don’t like the idea of having a servant, and I save 50% of my salary because I’d rather have the luxury of peace of mind than the luxury of more material wealth.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Actually, the name “Master” was offensive. My place is 5k. And I wouldn’t call what I’m getting for 5k there luxurious, but I realize I’m living according to western and not Chinese standards. I choose the place because of A: Proximity to the metro (no orange lamborghini for me) and B: Because my housing agent sold me a bad bill of goods.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my comments were not directed at you at all. Like most upscale residential complexes like The Master (and many things in China in general), they can look great upon first glance but the details are wrought with defects and substandard design and building practices. There’s no real concept of professional service or high quality since the people building and managing these places simply don’t come from a background where they’ve been educated on those things. Things that would be fixed immediately or wouldn’t happen at all in Western countries are everyday, commonplace occurrences in China, managed by people who are paid to care but are completely indifferent. This is a China thing in general but the air of indifference is exaggerated further in Chengdu I think.

I can chime in here…

Chengdu’s rental market is absurd, comedic, and something akin to a roulette wheel on pricing. I’m paying 7k for my place, which although large (156m sq.), downtown, and next to a subway station, is still in my opinion overpriced in relation to quality and demand. It’s a 7 out of 10 quality wise overall, the amenities are average, and the complex is at best at 30% occupancy. And I have it on good authority I’m paying the lowest rent for anything similar at Times. Not for lack of trying though, I looked at a total of 50+ apartments on my way to finding it, ranging between 6-25k, and for the most part the difference between what I have, and the higher end of that bracket was negligible. Between purple velvet couches, green carpets, and light fixtures made with a thousand plastic hoops, I saw enough examples of bad taste to last a life time. I had been paying just 6,300 prior to a recent increase, which I had to bargain hard to get down to from the attempted 30% hike (8k asking price) on signing a new lease. The level of blind greed is already biting a good few investors in the ass I’m sure. Empty apartments don’t make too much money.

As for Master… Hands down one of the most shoddy complexes I’ve seen in Chengdu. I probably looked at 15 or so units in there, and every single one without fail was awful, regardless of price. Even saw an apartment with a giant crack down a partition wall.

Digging your sister’s apartment Charlie, modern, clean, lots of light. Where is it?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    purple velvet couches, green carpets, and light fixtures made with a thousand plastic hoops

This is apartment hunting in China in a nutshell, based on my experience.

Quote:
    Digging your sister’s apartment Charlie, modern, clean, lots of light. Where is it?

It’s in Great Falls, VA, a town to the west of Washington DC whose namesake is this national park:

great-falls.jpg

Participant

Second that – very nice living room, lots of space and used well. <3 the clean look.

Rent goes up with the market. I spent like… 1.8mil RMB? on this, and aside from higher end/import appliances, hunted like a m’fer through markets myself (since I can’t legally work :D) in the north and near BaYi to get deals on construction materials. Low rent means house buyers don’t rent them at all – or finish them, which is why there’s such a low occupancy, people buy them and sit on them because the rent isn’t really worth spending a few hundred K on decorating them and dealing with tenants for a few k RMB/month. I was either the first or one of the first who moved in, and every unit was sold. Now there are maybe .. I don’t know, 20 or 30 people who have moved in to a 760? or so unit complex.

The quality of worksmanship in general is shit, but that’s just llfe here..unfortunately. When I think about it, lets say 7k RMB/month, in Vancouver, that’s just over 1k CDN/month and in Vancouver, that’ll net you a pretty small older place to rent… it’s still cheaper here.

RE: price range, myhouseinchina.com gives a good idea about how prices ramp up quickly. The comment about difference between say 2k and 5k is usually pretty big, 5k and 10k much less difference, and 10 to 20k not a lot different is very accurate. My biggest beef is the “standard” design here is lots of smaller rooms and narrow hallways, which makes even larger sq.m places seem really crowded/cramped inside. Knock down some walls and open the kitchen up and places start to look way more livable!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    My biggest beef is the “standard” design here is lots of smaller rooms and narrow hallways, which makes even larger sq.m places seem really crowded/cramped inside. Knock down some walls and open the kitchen up and places start to look way more livable!

So true. I’ve never heard anyone vocalize that before but it’s accurate.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.