Applying for Family Visit Visa & Rent Timing

HomeForumsIn ChengduApplying for Family Visit Visa & Rent Timing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

Next year July I want to move to Chengdu and live there for 9 months to learn Mandarin. I am currently living in Chengdu (leaving Thursday afternoon…) trying to find a teacher and a place to rent next July.

I have the feeling that because of the fact that the new semester is starting in one or two weeks, most apartments near 川大 are taken. Is this feeling correct? Is there a better time to look for apartments (suggestions)?

Does any of you know if landlords make long-term deals? Because I won’t be in Chengdu until next year and I need a guarantee. Of course they would want a guarantee from me to be sure I’ll be there. (Could that be signing a contract of some sort?)

I am looking for a shared apartment, if with max 2 other people a shared toilet and if more I’d like my own bathroom. My cousin, who lives in Chengdu, says that no matter if you’re in the 1st or 2nd ring, the prices for my criteria all range from 800-1200 元 which is my budget.

My second issue is that I want to get a family visit visa for longer than 180 days (preferably with multiple entries/exits). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this kind of visa? How do you confirm you’re visiting/taking care of a relative? Is this going to be checked in some kind of way?

If not, do you perhaps any source you know of giving out detailed information on EU citizens applying for a long-term visa?

Thank you.

Keymaster

Next July is a long time from now – I doubt you will find anyone wanting to commit to that. Finding an apartment or a room here is not difficult, you could find a place within a day or two without much trouble, if needed. I would just do that when you arrive in Chengdu next summer. Stay in a hostel until you find what you’re looking for. We have an article about finding apartments in Chengdu here: 5 Steps to Renting an Apartment in China

Participant

There is a residence visa for 3 years that has unlimited entry/exit as standard for family members. You would need to prove the relationship with appropriate documents such as a wedding certificate or birth certificate. You would probably need to demonstrate age or infirmity of the relative in question if not your spouse. Start with a visitor’s visa and upgrade to the family residence permit at the PSB bordering Tianfu Sq a couple of weeks before your visa expires. You will need a health examination from a designated hospital in Chengdu to be qualified. A residence permit does not automatically entitle you to work here.

Participant

There is a residence visa for 3 years that has unlimited entry/exit as standard for family members. You would need to prove the relationship with appropriate documents such as a wedding certificate or birth certificate. You would probably need to demonstrate age or infirmity of the relative in question if not your spouse. Start with a visitor’s visa and upgrade to the family residence permit at the PSB bordering Tianfu Sq a couple of weeks before your visa expires. You will need a health examination from a designated hospital in Chengdu to be qualified. A residence permit does not automatically entitle you to work here.

ahh okay. Thats very clear thank you. Could you perhaps tell me what kind of visa it is? (Alphabet, like X1 or sth)

and do you know if this kind of visa is applicable for children of your aunts/uncles? Like the son of my uncle lives in Chengdu, do I need an urgent reason to stay here with him for 180+ days?

Thanks so much once again ^_^

Participant

Next July is a long time from now – I doubt you will find anyone wanting to commit to that. Finding an apartment or a room here is not difficult, you could find a place within a day or two without much trouble, if needed. I would just do that when you arrive in Chengdu next summer. Stay in a hostel until you find what you’re looking for. We have an article about finding apartments in Chengdu here: 5 Steps to Renting an Apartment in China

yeah I read that article some time ago! It was useful.

and you’re right haha I’ve figured that out by now, met a lady today and she was like “?? u looking for an apartment? OK 👌” “wait what next year July?? Thats a year from now why dont you look when you’re here then here’s my number”

thanks for the confirmation 🙂

Participant

http://www.visainchina.com/familyvisa.htm

This should tell you what you need to know including eligibility but it doesn’t look as if you would get one unless you are talking foster care and even then you might not be a close enough relation unless you have been appointed by a court as a guardian (just guessing here).

A student visa might be another option for an extended stay. Once again you will not be eligible to take paid work. That’s not to say that it isn’t easy to get work but if you are caught then they fines can hurt and it may result in repatriation or even imprisonment.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/student.htm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.