Architects, Practices & Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionArchitects, Practices & Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone,

my name is Eris, I am an Architect from London, England. I am currently living and working in Beijing for China Architecture Design & Research Group. In October of 2012 I visited Chengdu and I loved the city, its streets, the people and the warm vibes I experienced there. My interim contract ends in late Feb and rather than sign a contract for a year I am looking towards a possible shift in Chengdu.

The trouble is that I haven’t got too many practices so I am limited on my choices. If you know that someone is hiring could you please let me know or PM me? Otherwise if you know practices in Chengdu than that should be sufficient? Either way I may be coming over for a holiday around late feb & march so may be able to hold interviews then and even meet some of you if possible.

Thanks a lot in advance and hopefully I’ll see you soon

Warm regards,

Eris

Participant

Hi eris, chengdu is a nice place for architects. I am here just for an year until now and i liked it. There is plenty of work and it looks like there will be for the next few years to come.

Check your PM.

Keymaster

Hey Eris,

There’s a growing community of expat architects in Chengdu, although a lot of them come and go for months or years at a time. I don’t think you’ll have much trouble finding work here, though. Check out these posts on the blog if you haven’t already:

American Architects Find Work and Freedom in China

American Architect Adam Mayer on Chengdu’s Urban Development

Participant

Hey Charlie,

sorry about the late reply, currently on holiday.

I have seen the above posts but I was hoping for more specific names of practices of which may not be widely advertised on the net or the ones which i may have not been able to find insofar.

Anyone has any such specific info I would appreciate it if you had a minute to post it on this thread,

Charlie thanks a lot and let me know what you’re doing in Chengdu and how you like the city?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have seen the above posts but I was hoping for more specific names of practices of which may not be widely advertised on the net or the ones which i may have not been able to find insofar.

Perhaps some architects in Chengdu will see this and PM you. I know there are a lot around, I’ve met easily 6+ foreign architects in Chengdu over the last year without seeking them out.

Quote:
    Charlie thanks a lot and let me know what you’re doing in Chengdu and how you like the city?

I work in software development. I like Chengdu!

Participant

I know an English guy called Kam who has an architecture firm here called Urban Hybrid. If you need contact details drop me a pm

Quote:
    I know an English guy called Kam who has an architecture firm here called Urban Hybrid.

Kam would definitely be the man for contacts.

Participant

Thanks a lot, PM on the way and pls keep it coming?

Participant

cool

Hi guys,

I am doing some market research about Architecture studios in Chengdu, specially focusing on the Chinese ones. Do you have any information about what studios are hiring foreigners?

Thanks!

Participant

I know Atkins and Aedas both have offices here. Another one is a singaporean firm called Cendes.

There are also a bunch of smaller firms , i.e. Kam’s firm mentioned above and there are quite a few Spanish architects such as “The Clover”.

I have contacts in most of the above firms so if you want to get some contact details please let me know.

Thanks Dries. I sent you a PM.

Participant
    Participant

Hi pablo. I work in a Chinese architecture firm. What kind of information do u need?

Participant

Hi pablo. I work in a Chinese architecture firm. What kind of information do u need?

Hi Pardhu. I sent you a PM.

Hi Pardhu. I sent you a PM.

Participant

Hey pablo. I didnt receive the PM. Check again? I sent u one.

Participant

Hi,Eris,welcome to Chengdu.

Southwest Architectural Design&Research Institute are looking for architects.Here is the website http://www.fenzhi.com/job/g612261.html

You can learn some information about it.I hope it will be useful.

Participant

Thanks a lot for keeping this thread running and for all the info you have submitted, above all I have met some smashing individuals.

Valley, cheers to you too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.