Bad News for Business Between Europe and China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBad News for Business Between Europe and China

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

These days the European commission decided on higher taxation on Chinese solar electronic components… so China decided on higher taxation on European red wine.

Fantastic…

Link: http://english.cntv.cn/20130605/101706.shtml

Keymaster

I know how China will deal with this… re-label domestic wine saying it’s from Europe and cut Europe out completely. For Europe it’s not as easy, prices will significantly rise. Bad news, indeed.

Participant

Another possibility is importers may focus on red wines produced from Australia and New Zealand or south america countries. After all, there are certain amount of people who want good quality red wine with reasonable price. The market exists:)

Participant

Europe don’t understand that in this difficult moment, must take care of a partner like China… but we have time until December, I hope in a “diplomatic” way like always…

Participant

Sure Hao, China can buy wine from Australia and New Zealand, but sorry, the quality isn’t the same of France or Italian wine 😉 and believe me, price still to be around 30 – 50 kuai…

Participant

Red wines produced in Europe are famous in China, having high reputation, however, there is also tendency that the market of redwine from other countries is expanding.  I would say there are also good quality red wines produced in Oz and agentina 🙂

Participant

I know this man, so I hope that Europe and China will find a diplomatic way… too much easy think about another market area… about quality of wines read this interesting article:

http://winefolly.com/review/wine-additives/

For example Argentina often use oak chips that give a different taste of oak barrels…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.