Bars in Shuangliu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBars in Shuangliu?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone, I just moved to Chengdu, or to my surprise Shuangliu. Does anyone know of bars around here?

TNX

Keymaster

I know that Lino lives in Shuangliu – maybe he has some suggestions? Anyway welcome to Chengdu (Shuangliu is close enough).

Participant

Thanx mate

Participant

Hey Nico,

I do live in Shangliu indeed, but when it comes to going to a bar I usually make my travel to city centre.

Where are you located exactly? I can recommend some good places to eat if not too far off from mine.

In terms of transportation you can take the airport bus 300. Goes from the airport all the way up to North Railway Station and it goes through key areas in city centre (Tongzilin, Renmin Nan Lu, Tianfu, etc.)

I got myself an e-bike recently and it sure comes in handy if you live so far out!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:
    or to my surprise Shuangliu.

But whyyyy!?

Quote:
    I do live in Shangliu indeed

But whyyyy!?

Participant
    Quote:
    I do live in Shangliu indeed

But whyyyy!?

Work related. I remember being told I would teach in a school in Shangliu. Coming from a tiny country as Belgium back then I had no grasp of how big Chengdu really is, so when i saw it on the map I thought: “Oh, that’s not so bad”. Joke’s on me when i arrived here lol.

I’ll be moving closer to centre soon though!

Participant

I was once told that Shuangliu district has the highest gdp per person in all of Sichuan, including Chengdu proper…

Quote:
    I was once told that Shuangliu district has the highest gdp per person in all of Sichuan, including Chengdu proper…

I’m picturing an ‘Orca’ fat dude sat atop a mountain of diamonds and gold who’s skewing the statistics. He’s laughing incessantly and eats through a straw.

Participant

Shuangliu government is rich. there are many high-cost private high schools and international schools in Shuangliu

Participant

Thank you Lino

Im on Yingchun road,a school called shuangliu experimental,the same happened to me,before leaving my country I was told that im located in Chengdu,got here and realised this place is huge! No worries,will just have to take a bus to Chengdu over weekends,until what time do they run?

One last thing,do you know if there is any gyms around here? Maybe the university?

Tnx

Participant

@Nico,

Sorry that I don’t much about Shuangliu gyms.i don’t live there.I searched Shuangliu gyms by Baidu Map just now,there’s quite a few,though I don’t know which one is really good or not.so ,no comments here.

As I’m a scu univ. student,I fond that there’re several gyms inside my campus for students are not bad last term.and they also allow public trainers to come,with a higher price than campus students.if u will teach in a school,you might find a school owned gym.

Participant

Did some research on this. You’re living even further from the centre than me. I live Lin Gang Lu Si Duan.

The 300 bus goes until 8pm only unfortunately. There are other buses going to city centre but from my experience you need to switch to another bus (mostly at Shi Yang bus station).

Not sure about a gym in your area. If there is an advantage about Shuangliu however it must be the price. I go to the gym at a local university (Southwest university for nationalities) which costs me only 120 RMB a month. Nothing too fancy and pretty run down equipment, but it gets the job done.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.