Basketball anyone?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBasketball anyone?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m free early tomorrow (Thanksgiving, hey turkey!) but Friday I have all day off. PM me if anybody wants to shoot around or try to get in a pickup game.

Participant

I personally wouldn’t mind paying the 10 rmb (equivalent to $1.50) to play in Sichuan Gymnasium where I have the opportunity to break chinese ankles with my crossover. Or break my own ankles, as I haven’t played ball in about a year. either way, entertainment abounds.

can we get a game going?

Participant

I just played at Sichuan Gymnasium yesterday. Some pretty good runs. You have to pay 10 rmb but I talked to a guy that said you have to pay 10 rmb at all the good courts. Apparently there is also some good courts near City Centre that also cost 10 rmb. I am really really sore now (probably cuz I drank at Jellyfish the rest of the night) but I’d be down to play again in a couple days.

anyone want to ball tomorrow???

Participant

Hey sorry I was AWOL for a bit there.

YES I am down for a game on Sunday 12/4 after 6pm, call me at 18615773958 with the court you choose.

This never got going. I’d like to bump it up after watching OKC beat the spurs in the western conference finals today. Excited for the upcoming finals and I’m trying to ball. interest?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    This never got going. I’d like to bump it up after watching OKC beat the spurs in the western conference finals today. Excited for the upcoming finals and I’m trying to ball. interest?

I’m down. I watched the Thunder beat the Mavs in the US, with Durant hitting a jumper with 1.5 seconds left to win by 1. It was awesome.

BTW here’s the custom jersey I designed for my work bball team. Pretty psyched.

meat-jersey-forum.jpg

Participant

I’m down. You can find some good runs at Sichuan Gym most fridays, or at the courts on Huaxi campus. The fact that you can’t run full court without paying, like, friggin 200 kuai for one hour is sincerely agitating. 4v4 half court is weak sauce, too crowded, but it seems to be the standard. 3v3’s ok. I only know of one full court gym a little south of 2nd ring and ren min nan lu. It’s pristine and has a hard wood floor and indoor, but you have to sneak in and pretend you live in the residential community to use it, which is pretty difficult with a bunch of laowei.

Count me in!

weekend ball is easier coz of work commitments, but I can try and squeeze in a weekday session if you guys let me know in advance.

Sascha,

Sorry for the PM. In my eagerness to get in a game, I only realized I was responding to a 6 month old post after sending it thru

– K

Participant

You know, for as popular as basketball is here I’m surprised it’s so hard to find a decent place to play. If you guys actually get this going let me know.

What time is most ideal for everyone to play? Let’s establish that first then we’ll find a place most convenient for everyone.

Anytime Tues-Thurs is good for me. Also Sunday around noon.

Participant

Tues-Thurs also works for me. Sunday is good too except this coming weekend.

I’m just going to throw a suggestion out there since this thread is going nowhere. I normally play at the Southwest Jiaotong University courts. (西南交通大学) It’s near the north train station. It costs like 3 yuan for entry if you’re not a student. There are like 20 outdoor hoops there with varying competition.

Ideally I’d like to find a nice indoor court somewhere for us all to play on a regular basis, but until then, feel free to contact me if you’d like to join me at JiaoTong.

I’ll be going to the Nike Basketball Park by the Chengdu Sports Center near Luomashi on Sunday morning.

One of my coworkers and I will be looking for some pickup games. If anyone is interested in joining, lemme know.

Participant

I like playing basketball, but I don’t think that you guys would like playing with me. Actually my shooting is quite accurate. These days the weather is really good!

Participant

Hell ya, Time to play some balls. Put me in coach!

Hey I’m coming to Chengdu in a few weeks and like to play some basketball still playing?

Participant

New the forum but I’m definitely down. I’ll probably be moving in a couple weeks. I’m way out of shape but working on getting back to it.

same here haha, keep in contact!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.