Beer Brewing Supplies

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBeer Brewing Supplies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have given beer brewing a go here in Ireland and found it really interesting. My beer was not exactly what I was hoping for, but it was unique (I’ll give myself that one!)

My Belgian pride gives me the urge to keep at it and give it another go once I arrive in Chengdu.

Therefore the question: are there any home brewing shops around Chengdu?

Participant

hey, you’ll have seen the other recent beer thread. here

I guess the beer scene here is ‘different’ to Ireland and Belgium. I cant say for sure but I guess there is no home brew shop in Chengdu. I can say I never saw one.

but you can buy pretty much anything online here.

http://www.chengdubeer.com must be the guys to talk to.

Participant

Hey dude, as it turns out there are 2 Belgian guys in Chengdu brewing beer all the time. I believe they call it a “Sichuan Ale”. Chengdubeer is their website.

I’m sure they know everything you need to know on where to get supplies and installations.

I could give you their details if you like. I’m from Belgium as well btw 😉

Participant

No way! It is a small world after all.

But then again: going to a city with pretty much the same population as Belgium… This had to happen!!

I’ll certainly try to get in touch with the Belgian guys and Vincent, perhaps we can go on the quest for the holy Karmeliet one day 🙂

Participant

Something to watch while drinking your homebrew

Stopped off myself in Ghent on the way to Chengdu week before last from Dublin;) I have a lovely picture of my wife in front of a bar window that has Karmeliet in the window on Little street near Renmin Park. Could be a starting pint.

Let us know how you get on with the homebrew.. it has been on my mind for sometime before I arrived.

Participant

hey, I never heard of Karmeliet, though I’m not a Belgian expert, it’s that good?

this right?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/tripel-karmeliet/5368/

If they have it on Kuanzhai Xiangzi, I’m sure the guy on Kehua Jie will have it too. I’m going to start looking out for it.

@oh davey – thx, great video.

Participant

Thats it I guess, unless they also do some lighter beer that the belgians only know. I wouldn’t be an expert due to my memory fading during my beer tasting sessions- damn belgians!! Tripel type dark beers are delicious though!! I’m surprised how available the belgian beers are in the big supermarkets. Now I can also have the occasional guinness for survival also if I need to feel patriotic

Participant

That’s the right beer indeed!

It’s a fairly unknown beer but it is great. Let me know if you find it.

Davey,

Ghent was actually my student town, there are loads of great places to visit there! 🙂

I’ll see if I can get my hands on the supplies and keep you up to date. I’ve tried brewing here in Dublin and it is actually really easy to make as long as you get the ingredients premade in a tin.

Participant

Hi, I understand there’s a new foreign owned Belgian Bar opening at jiuyanqiao bar street in the coming weeks.

Should be interesting to try.

I’ll let you know more when I do.

Participant

Hi, I understand there’s a new foreign owned Belgian Bar opening at jiuyanqiao bar street in the coming weeks.

Should be interesting to try.

I’ll let you know more when I do.

Participant

Awesome! That’s very close to where I live. If they don’t charge a minimum I might actually go.

Participant

Awesome! That’s very close to where I live. If they don’t charge a minimum I might actually go.

Home brewing kits are the best to make high quality beer. There are many companies which manufacture these kits and these kits can be bought from any online store as well as shop also.

home brewing kit

Hey i’m not one of you fancy Belgians, but i’ve brewed a few pretty good american style IPAs in my time and I was actually planning on putting together a kit at home next month and get the ball rolling on some non-snow beer. I think it would be pretty fun to have a little collaboration especially in an international community like this! Let’s get some people together sometime and sit down to talk microbrew and maybe even do a little teamwork brewing!

If you’re interested, shoot me a PM with your contact info and I’ll put together an email chain of interested parties. I go to Hong Kong for a week, but when i get back i want to get the ball rolling. Look forward to hearing from you!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.