Best Apartment Agents in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduBest Apartment Agents in Chengdu?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello! We are making our move into Chengdu on the 6th of July, which means that I am looking for an apartment. I understand that it wouldbe foolish to attempt this without the help of a bilingual agent. Can you reccommend anyone? Also, what part of town do you reccommend as the best to live? I am not concerned with expat amenities, but more with living somewhere interesting, affordable, and close to a metro stop. Any suggestions? If you have an agent to reccommend, could you give me their phone number? I’m looking for a 2 bedroom place for less than 4000 rmb/month.

Best apartment agents in Chengdu?

Mostly dead ones.

There are some previous posts on this on the forum. You could take a look there and then come back with questions that aren’t covered in those previous threads.

Keymaster

Hi Jessica,

To answer your questions:

• There are a handful of nice areas to live in, it depends on where you’re working and what you value highest. Popular areas for expats are Yulin, Tongzilin, and Zongbei in the South of Chengdu. It might be worth it to spend a few days or a week exploring Chengdu before you decide on where to live
    • Most rental agents offer roughly the same services at the same price. If you’ll be working here, get someone from your company to translate for you. Most agents won’t speak English, but you can take your chances and try.
    • Finding a 2BR place for less than 4,000 is really easy. Of 2BR apartments in Chengdu I would estimate that 99% of them are less than that.

If you search on the forum, you’ll find a lot of information on neighborhoods in Chengdu and what kind of apartments are available at what price.

Good luck!

Participant

There are some previous posts on this on the forum. You could take a look there and then come back with questions that aren’t covered in those previous threads.

If you search on the forum, you’ll find a lot of information on neighborhoods in Chengdu and what kind of apartments are available at what price.

The search function has gotten even worse than before. Impossible to search now. I used to do a pretty good job at ninja’ing old threads when questions were re-asked, just because I knew they were hidden somewhere and used the right keywords.

Now it’s impossible to dig up an old thread unless you want to go through 27 pages of irrelevant posts.

Participant

The search function has gotten even worse than before. Impossible to search now. I used to do a pretty good job at ninja’ing old threads when questions were re-asked, just because I knew they were hidden somewhere and used the right keywords.

Now it’s impossible to dig up an old thread unless you want to go through 27 pages of irrelevant posts.

For sites with crappy search functionality you can use Google and append site:https://www.chengduliving.com/forum/ to your search query.

But I do prefer sites having a well functioning search.

Keymaster

You’re right, I will change it to just show Google search results. If you do what Hank suggested you can usually find exactly the thread you’re looking for. The search functionality in WordPress doesn’t hold a candle to Google.

Participant

Hi Jessica,

my wife runs her own agency that specializes in renting apartments to foreigners. The company does most of their work relocating families to Chengdu that work in the banking/IT sector.

This is their website http://tailoredcd.com/

Her name is Connie, she speaks perfect English, you can reach her on 18681256672

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.