Best Clubs in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest Clubs in Chengdu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • Author

^LOL!^

My friends and I have been wanting to try 四海一家 for a while now (as in we will probably go tonight). Does anyone know how much the buffet for a weeknight is? If it’s not much cheaper, then we’ll probably just go for the weekend dinner…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Does anyone know how much the buffet for a weeknight is?

I’m not sure if the price is different on a weeknight but we paid 198 yuan per person. There’s an additional savings of 20-something kuai if you pay with a Bank of China card. And if it’s your birthday and you bring your I.D. it’s free.

Participant

My bday is coming up, ill def check that place out now!

Participant

RE: Birthday, it wasn’t free last month – I went on a weekday with 2 girls and one had her birthday, it was like 20% discount though for each of us — in addition to the bank card and weekday difference..works out cheap. Also – you do not need to go on your birthday, I think it’s within a week or two weeks of your birthday, not sure on the exact date range. It’s also not as busy on weekdays which means you’re likely to get a better seat.

Keymaster

Free honestly seemed pretty weird to me, that they would be so generous, but that’s what she said to me when we were paying. I asked about discounts.

Participant

Hope Chengdu bar will change in the 2-3 years 🙂

Participant

Hey all,

Just wondered if there was any update on this topic. Any new clubs opened lately that are worth checking out? Or reviews of old ones?

Having a night out soon and am thinking of trying Muse, Club 88 or Hooters, but thought I’d check in to see if anyone has any other suggestions..

Cheers!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Having a night out soon and am thinking of trying Muse, Club 88 or Hooters, but thought I’d check in to see if anyone has any other suggestions..

Hooters is a restaurant, in case you were expecting a club. I would skip that place entirely. Otherwise, the two club districts to check out are Jiuyan Qiao (Castle, Babi 2, etc) and Shaolin Lu (Muse, 88, etc). Both of those areas are lined with clubs, I would just check out one club, if you don’t like it go next door, etc. Some of them are drastically different styles like 88 and Muse. The former is a giant bar while the latter is like a large western-style club (although the music and performances are totally Chinese).

No new clubs recently that I have heard about, at least.

Participant

My friend is running this club close to ikea from across Auchan supermarket( the KFC) On 24the floor. They are welcoming foreigners and offering them free beers(some complimentary drinks/cocktails if you are not a beer person)so if you wanna go have a look at weekends or any night you feel like going out and being noisy, give me a shout I will show you there. . Bring all your friends(foreingers gets free drinks only) That likes to party. Free beers, shows(I haven’t seen the shows sometimes Russian dancers), Singing(some cheesy Chinese singing), bands playing(Chinese band with Pilipino girl singer), pole dancing(professional muscular pole sexy pole dancers).

Look forward to hearing from you

A.j 13408552939 ( book one day be4 and tell me how many of you are coming because I don’t go there everyday).

And Charlie, as I know you are a good DJ, you should come to and be friends with my friend who runs the club, they play messy mix and same things the other clubs are doing. Maybe you can work as his DJ. As I advised him to use foreign DJs coz the Chinese young DJs are very bad

So guys. Check out SKY CLUB. At the weekends!! Text me in advance if you want to go SKY CLUBBING

Keymaster

Cool, I will check that place out sometime, maybe this upcoming weekend. Thanks for leaving your number, an invitation for free drinks to check out a new place is always nice.

Participant

It is a fancy chineseclub with many tables and booths, it is on 24th floor. Good for private parties and special events…

Participant

ALSO MY WECHAT! It is free for chating and texting so if you have this app on your smart phone add me

Aj5151fly

@ Charlie, it was my friend’s idea to offer free drinks. It is just that his place is hard to be found the new comers so I would like to do the job as a guide lol

Participant

ZOMG JELLYFISH!

Participant

We are talking about clubs. Aren’t we?????????????

It is a drunk fighting/boxing bar. Isn’t it????????????

Keymaster
    Quote:
    It is a drunk fighting/boxing bar. Isn’t it????????????

That’s an interesting way to describe it. I fondly think of it as the bar with foreigners aged 18-22 dancing to Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. In terms of music it’s been kind of like a 13 year olds birthday party when I’ve been there.

Participant

I’ve not seen anything but bashing re: jellyfish etc, but the bottom line is it’s one of the fewer places with foreigners who are active inside the bar/club dancing etc, and most of the DJs are local foreigners..their regular one is, most the guest ones are..

It’s not for the too-cool-for-school crowd – if you’re looking for conversation go somewhere quiet (or boring, unless you’re with your specific group of friends) – but jellyfish is a pretty good place if you just want to drink/dance/hookup.

(I don’t go nearly as much as it may sound from the above, just think most of the negative comments are misleading to people who haven’t been.)

Participant

Of course it is a foreigners active bar, every foreigner in chengdu knows that.

If you can stand the crazy loud bad mixed teen music that can rape your heart out…if you can stand the pushing/ squeezing at weekends(you have to do kong fu fighting to find your standing room).

We do not use bad words and we are not bashing, we are just talking about the truth…

If they change a little, if they use better djs, play some decent music that don’t drive you crazy and don’t let so many crazy dogs in the crowded bar( it is inhuman if you let so many people in in such a tiny place) I will go there a lot and I will firstly recommend this bar to new comers!

Participant

Jelly & Pan Am= STD central! Known many dudes burn when they piss, so geee, wonder why it has a bad rap. Also the people frequently those places range from Teens to upper 70’s, ill def stay away from that shitty area. Also highly doubtful one can meet someone meaningful there. If you do, good on you! You deserve her/him.. Now, ask other foreigners who had her too!

The one time i been there, i saw a ‘gang’ there and a mistress bossing her hoes around. Not my cup of tea, rather live a safe and STD free life.. Sure it’s not ‘cool’ way of living, but meh, my choice.

Participant

They don’t play Justine Bieber and lady gaga anymore. They play pop stuff with bad mix. Or simply same stuff over and over again even if there is a dj working there…same day, same music, never change.

Sorry If I mentioned the words “dogs”. For me it is just an expression with my kind of humor no personal attacking not racism.

I was inspired by the ” who let the dogs in” song that was frequently played in most bars years go. I hope the bars don’t play that again I pray…

Best way to avoid the crazy crowds is non Fridays or saturdays. But you cannot Change what they play can you??

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.