Best Clubs in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest Clubs in Chengdu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author

I’m not talking about this thread, I’m talking about the Sky Club that you’re describing.

Quote:
    lion dance, Sichuan opera( face changing), musical calligraphy, sugar painting,fireworks, snowflake, Chinese singers&bands sing Chinese and western music,

This sounds like a mess, not a club.

Participant
    Participant

Usu there were singers and bands. Maybe they will be cut off during the gala. Coz of lack of communication bewteen me and the club owner friend. sorry if I made it sound like a mess.

I am a bad poster, I know. And the club owners have bad ideas.

But who cares, if you want free drinks and watch a circus you are all welcome to come.

Club closed SAturday to Tuesday. ANy other days club is open and you are welcome to come with a group. Maybe if you speak good Chinese you can give them some suggestions. So many of us tried to advise the owners. all failed..

Now Iam only laughing to myself why I am helping them for nothing.

Snowflakes and fireworks is from roof top25 th floor, you can see then while u r sitting in the club, the Chinese drama are only short performance and they are still deciding who shows they will use. But lion dance is definitely working checking out

Thanks for your commen..sorry if I got it wrong

I am a bad club promoter 😀

Keymaster
    Quote:
    if you want free drinks and watch a circus you are all welcome to come.

Fair enough – I think we’re all cool with a circus being advertised as long as you’re honest about what it is. I wouldn’t mind checking that place out. Sometimes a train wreck can be fun. Lingdian was already mentioned in this thread…

Hey guys! Do you know some good or any club/ bar near to wen jiang da xue?

Thanks

Cheers

Participant

Oversized irises…

I really don’t get why North Americans hate on them so much. They are called Circle Lens and I have a ton of them.

It started in Korea. They look bigger, because there is a black ring around the edges. The reason for this is because people find larger irises more attractive. For example, dim lighting is used to create a romantic atmosphere also because people’s eyes dilate and as a result, look more visually appealing.

I know what you mean when the girls get the “suprsized barbie” circle lens though. Those are just scary and they look like demons.

Participant
    Quote:
    I really don’t get why North Americans hate on them so much.

Quote:
    I know what you mean when the girls get the “suprsized barbie” circle lens though. Those are just scary and they look like demons.

I think you answered your own question.

Participant

All of my fellow exchange students love going to LKF a lot and while it can be fun and the free drinks are nice I’d much rather go to a bar with a little more of a quiet atmosphere where I can have a few beers and good conversation…

anyone know a place like this?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    All of my fellow exchange students love going to LKF a lot and while it can be fun and the free drinks are nice I’d much rather go to a bar with a little more of a quiet atmosphere where I can have a few beers and good conversation…

anyone know a place like this?

Yeah, those kind of places are basically what Chengdu does right (as opposed to loud clubs). All these places fit the bill: Bars on Chengdu Places

Quote:
    Oversized irises…

I really don’t get why North Americans hate on them so much.

It’s a garish fad. To me it’s like painting your face like a clown instead of wearing makeup that enhances your best features.

Participant

CD’s LKF is not interesting at all by contrast with HK’s. People in Chinese mainland do bot like dancing, but HK’s LKF is like western countries. People can dance and there is plenty of fun.

Participant

Hello

As a part of the Jellyfish management I wanted to comment on this thread.

We are there to make people happy, and everyone is invited. Some people like us and some people don’t, some like our music and some don’t, and that’s understandable, you can’t please everyone.

But I had to make a few points clear.

1. In the past we did pay a few dancers, on big parties and hollidays, the party would stop and all attention would be drawn to 1-3 professional dancers who would go for one dance and then go down. This last year and half we haven’t payed any dancer. Any girl (or guy) you see dancing on the bar is doing so volunteerly, and would get a free shot from us at most.

2. We never did use ‘bees’ in the jellyfish and none of the guests in the bar are hired or paid for. If you see “single looking girls” it’s probably because they are single.

3. As far as STDs go, STD is a problem everywhere in Chengdu, China and the world. However, one doesn’t get STDs by “getting near that place” and if you are careful about who you sleep with and how, you should be fine.

4. All alcohol we use is as real as it gets in Chengdu. Just as much as we ourselves would not want to drink fake alcohol, we wouldn’t give it to others. Also, from a business point of view, selling fake alcohol would never be worth the extra profit, damaging our customers health and our own reputation.

That’s all I wanted to say. Wishing everyone a good day and happy (belated) new year

Love

Amir

Thanks, Amir. Every city needs it’s commercial clubs to cater to the mainstream demographic, and Jellyfish does that well. I’m in there every once in a while although it’s not my cup of tea.

realdolls.jpg

The typical Chinese barbie dolls, colored circle contact lenses, surgically chiseled chins and cleavage. chills. Can’t even tell if they’re human.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    As a part of the Jellyfish management I wanted to comment on this thread.

Thanks for your direct input Amir, it’s good to hear those things.

Quote:
    We never did use ‘bees’ in the jellyfish and none of the guests in the bar are hired or paid for. If you see “single looking girls” it’s probably because they are single.

If that is true I apologize for repeating this rumor. It was told to me by a good Chinese friend who has DJ’d at Jellyfish several times.

Quote:
    Can’t even tell if they’re human.

They look like Real Dolls.

Participant

I think the girls in those pictures look more like prostitutes or 三陪女, not common people.

Participant

Well said Amir. Gotta say, the JFish ain’t my scene but i don’t understand some of the hating it attracts. At least people seem to be having fun, dancing, hooking up, what’s the harm?. Also i don’t dig some of the border-line misogyny directed at the girls from both males and females here (hos/prostitutes/dead-eyed etc.). How about talking to these girls before judging them? Treat the ladies with respect gents…(and other ladies)….

Participant
    Quote:
    How about talking to these girls before judging them?

Some truth in this. If I look back at pictures from when I was 17 I wonder what the hell I was thinking. I’m sure many of you can relate lol

Keymaster
    Quote:
    How about talking to these girls before judging them? Treat the ladies with respect gents…(and other ladies)….

The term gets bandied about a lot but there are actual prostitutes there, not every passing mention of them or hoes at Jellyfish is a euphemism. Same goes for the other bars in Chengdu which are similar, Mooney’s, Shamrock, various places in LKF, etc. They are hook up venues that facilitate foreigners and Chinese girls who pursue foreigners, nothing necessarily wrong with that.

Participant

Ok. I just spoke out my feelings by looking those pictures. Not want to criticize anyone. No need to argue. Thx. 🙂

Participant

Yeah don’t judge a book by it’s cover. People see me and think “what a dirtbag”. OK, bad example, but you get my meaning…

Participant
    Quote:
    “They are hook up venues that facilitate foreigners and Chinese girls who pursue foreigners”.

Not sure exactly what that means. Provided 90% or more of our clients are chinese and our income comes mostly from chinese hands, I don’t understand why the Jellyfish keeps being referred to as catering to foreigners or as a place for foreign males to meet Chinese girls.

As I said before, we make the best and happiest enviroment we can for people to come and enjoy, and everyone is invited (therefor the use of popular music, which is by definition the most common, and broadly loved music style). And indeed everyone does come. True, foreign guys have hooked up with Chinese girls, but Chinese guys have also hooked up with Chinese girls, foreign guys with foreign girls, and yes, even foreign girls with Chinese guys. Not to mention all girl-girl, or guy-guy combinations, and not to mention all the people coming just for drinking, dancing, mingling and having non-sexual fun.

Cheers

Amir

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.