Best Headset for Skype?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest Headset for Skype?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I bought this Logitech headset a few years ago which was ok (though quite uncomfortable) but it suddenly stopped working. I need a new (around-ear) headset (headphone+microphone) for Skype and video commenting.

A lot of people have recommended the Sennheiser PC-161, which is about 600RMB on Taobao. If I just search for random headsets, I can see bombastic looking toys for as little as 40RMB.

I’m not an expert, but I do know I need something that cancels out background noise and stuff.

What do I buy?

Most newer webcams have integrated microphones with noise reduction/canceling. I think my Logitech webcam does that. So you could also consider that if you don’t like wearing a headset and you could also use it to become a camwhore.

Keymaster

I use the earbuds with mic included with iPhone for Skype, works perfectly. One drawback is that if you’re on a PC, the microphone won’t work. If you’re on a Mac, it works without setting anything up. Although the Apple earbuds aren’t the best in terms of audio fidelity, I use them all the time because the microphone and remote control built into them is so small and convenient.

Participant

Hmm, thanks for the tips, although (I think) I’m looking for something more higher end. I would be using it for professional purposes (not live xxx cam shows, Chris :P). Like I said, I’m not an expert, but don’t I need things like a windscreen over the mic and a USB plugin with built-in soundcard to reduce noise? I’ve been told that anything that goes straight into the audio/mic jack is crap. It’s not?

On the other hand, if I can get so-called “higher end” for 200RMB, I don’t want to waste 600RMB on a Sennheiser. Maybe some Chinese brand?

Because I would be using it for 1-2 hours straight I’d like something comfortable as well. I really hated how the Logitech felt against my ears.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.