Best VPN service?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest VPN service?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Federico
    The StrongVPN DMCA notices are, apparently, only in effect from specific countries where the DMCA holds ground, like the USA. I use the US VPN specifically because I like a couple shows on Hulu.com (I use hulu for daily show/colbert/shark tank rather than download, most of the time). I’d be surprised if any legit VPN host would provide you a, say, US external IP, and not forward DMCA warnings without potentially getting in legal trouble in that country…which server / country external IP are you getting with Astrill?

Participant

On Astrill I’m using for torrent Netherlands and France server but sometimes Los Angeles too… by OpenVpn on TCP port (my internet provider block UDP ports)

Participant

Why don’t you guys just download Web Freer, its just like google chrome, its a browser with a built in proxy. It`s completely free!!!! Facebook, Youtube the works.

Only poblem is that it has these annoying pop ups, but heck its for free.

Participant

…because depend if you use the VPN for work or only for freetime 😉

Participant

…because depend if you use the VPN for work or only for freetime ;)

True that!!!

Participant

I finally joined the 19th century and got a vpn. went with astril cos their website makes it easy for even a dummy like me and i heard some solid stuff about them. Having a vpn: i once could walk, but now i run.

Participant

Use senvpn, it’s cheaper than Astrill/Strong and quite fast!

Participant

@ Ray – Astril’s Stealth Mode seems to work very reliably. It is worth doing a speed test on the full range of their servers to establish a list of the best performers. However, I have noticed that some of the Tiawan ones fail from time to time even though they can get listed as high speed performers. Always do an ISP check when you first connect to a server because frequently you aren’t connected albeit that it looks as if you are – switching the server connection of and on again seems to resolve this issue.

For the last couple of days I have been trying to update my security software with a 244 MB file. I finally gave up and used the VPN (USA – Los Angeles 2) and it zipped through it with no problems in a matter of minutes. I suspect that this may well be down to the network finding a route without a bottleneck.

I haven’t once felt motivated to try another VPN provider in 18 months regardless of all the free ones out there.

Participant

StrongVPN…the 96th DMCA complaint seems to be the straw that broke the camels back. Service suspended and warned that if I receive one more complaint they will ban me for good.

Participant

The best VPN service I had in a very long time https://www.iwasel.com/en/ . I managed to hide my IP adress and unblock websites directly with just one click application. It is not easy to find a real good VPN provider.

Keymaster

I used to use EarthVPN (and mentioned them here on the forum a few times) but their service seems to have stopped working for me. Emails sent, no reply, so I would count them out. StrongVPN seems to be the longest standing high quality VPN service that I’ve heard of.

Participant

faceless.me gets my vote.  Tried and tested!

Participant

Ive been using StrongVPN for three years almost without any problems and those few issues they solved quickly over their chat-function.

Just dont download any torrents when connected 🙂

Daniel

Participant

The best VPN experience I had in a very long time https://www.iwasel.com/en/ . I managed to hide my IP adress and unblock websites directly with just one click application. It is not easy to find a real good VPN provider.

Participant

I have been using Astrill.  It’s ok for surfing the web, but uploading to youtube is terrible.

Participant

I use Astril on the LA server and find it to be (generally) very fast. Watched a 90 min doco on Youtube last night with no trouble. Sometimes Netflix can stutter a little but usually fine….

Participant

I’ve been using this VPN provider http://www.doublevpn.com/en/ for over a year and it always helps me access Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and all the other sites that may be blocked by your internet service provider. I can also download Torrents and hide my IP with this vpn. Highly recommended! 🙂

Participant

Using ExpressVPN not cheap but great service and servers (so far)

Participant

I’m a fan of strongvpn. Works on my phone, computer, and tablet.

Keymaster

I’ve been using CactusVPN recently, works great. Unfortunately you need a VPN to access their website or sign up.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.