Beware Scammer on Classified: Matthias Matz

HomeForumsIn ChengduBeware Scammer on Classified: Matthias Matz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have lost 2k RMB at forum classified page that I will never get back, at the very least what I can do is warn others from buying the other things the scammer has posted.

I found a for sale ad on chengdu forum, I contacted the seller and he was so thrilled to get it sold he even delivered it, he did not have time to let me connect it to an electric socket however.

The moment I took it up to my apartment and plugged it in, I contacted the seller again that I want to return it because it is damaged, but he blocked my wechat and phone.

Of course he thought there was no way I could track him down, but I managed to get some basic information about him. He’s German, his name is Matthias Matz (alias Ralf Weiß), his email starts with “milk”, his number starts with “1366”, and his relatives own Pet Castle in Chengdu. I found his email but he simply gave me a mock answer then blocked my email as well. He will not even send me the warranty information so I can try to fix it myself.

I realize I’m not going to be able to return the item, but at least I can warn others from this scammer.

Keymaster

Wow, this is the first I’ve heard of something like this happening here. Thanks for the heads up.

What was the item you purchased?

To anyone buying anything from an unknown seller online: be careful! I have personally interacted with pretty much only great people through this site, but you can’t be too careful when transacting money with people you don’t know.

Participant

Did you try paying Pet Castle a friendly visit and seeing if they might be able to help you get his address? Obviously you shouldn’t walk in starting by saying he scammed you. Be subtle. It can’t be hard to find it somehow.

2000RMB is enough to not let this go this easily imo. I would pay him a visit.

Participant

Yes I should have been more careful but I thought with how ridiculously easy it is for foreigners to make money as English teachers that no foreigner would have to resort to scam tactics like this if they need money.

I did not visit Pet Castle, every time I find another way of contacting him (through a friend of his, his email from Pet Castles whois domain) he sticks with his story “maybe you dropped it after you bought it”, so I’m not sure how useful it would be for me to travel across town for this. But it may be a future idea.

Participant

If I were you, I would find him. From the looks of things you could easily find him if you decided. His family has a business here. I hate cheaters and liars like him. I hope you find him and get your money back. I’d be glad to tag along and teach this guy a lesson in humility.

Participant

Well he himself has moved town, but at least my sources tells me his relatives own that pet shop so there may be some potential there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.