Big Love Festival

HomeForumsIn ChengduBig Love Festival

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Who’s planning on going to this?

Official site: Big Love Festival

Here’s the electronic stage lineup:

biglove-lineup.jpg

Plus a bunch of crooning Asian radio pop acts that no one here probably gives a shit about. The full lineup is on the official website linked above. The festival is headlined by Blue, the UK’s answer to the Backstreet Boys.

blue.jpg

Time: all day, starting June 21st through June 24th

Cost: 300 / day or 800 / all four days

They have RFID wristbands this year like Coachella:

biglove-bands.jpg

Participant

300 big ones is a bit rich for my blood, but i was once a reasonably big Suede fan (the band, not the fabric). if scalpers offer 200, maybe….

Participant

Old school rock for me, I’ll go to check out Ash and Extreme.

Saw Ash a few times at festivals and a one off gig at Somerset House in London which was special. Good live but Tim’s voice is a bit weak away from the studio.

Participant

I”m in. Although it is expensive, I didn’t get to go to Zebra this year so Big Love is my only chance for a summer festival.

Participant

I’ll unfortunately be in Hangzhou/Shanghai that weekend but might I recommend to everyone to check out a band called 山人, they’re playing on the Saturday I think.. they are a seriously awesome folk group out of Yunnan, use a big variety of instruments and have great tunes. If someone can pick up one of their CDs for me as well I will pay you back for it plus a generous tip!

Will Blue wear leather pants for their performance?! I’m so in if they do! :/

Participant

More importantly, will they oil up their naked torsos?

Participant

@brendan: maybe he can give you some waxing tips. Some pretty impressive manscaping going on there…SMOOOOOOTHHHH

Participant

going there for the rock & roll not the electro folks.

panda tent WAS the zebra music festival, at least big love is pulling in some talented shredders, punk rockers and badass babes.

Participant

Hey, contemplating going, 300 a bit pricy though. What day/night would you recommend out of the 4?

Participant

Dont think 300 is too bad, promoters obviously spending a small fortune with flying in and paying for foreign acts, venue hire, and all the other million other things that need to be bought, hired and promoted to run a festival. 300rmb for a full days entertainment sounds pretty good to me.

Participant

Andy, its more about my funding than the lack of lineup, organisation, etc 🙂 Don’t really know many of the bands, so any recommendations would be good… I usually like more rock/acoustic than electro… but pretty open…usually like festivals, though haven’t been to one here yet.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hey, contemplating going, 300 a bit pricy though. What day/night would you recommend out of the 4?

Saturday is the day that me and most of my friends are going. Most of us have to work on Thursday and Friday and Sunday at festivals is usually beat. Justin (Bix Snax) and I are holding down the electronic area from 2-5pm.

Participant

Friday 6/22 most people should be off for the Dragon Boat public holiday. I think Friday and Saturday will be the most crowded.

Participant
    Participant

Cool thanks for doing this Andy, I just did the Weibo fwd and Chengdu Music comment

Participant

Heads up: Lan Town and Macchu Picchu among other venues have reduced price tickets 240 RMB instead of 300 on sale until Friday 6/15… thats tomorrow folks

So get your cheap(er) tickets today

Participant

Last day of the competition

Also last day of competition on weibo

@Elias, what time are you on tonight? I’m warming up at xiongmao but will try and stop past.

Participant

Got my Big Love ticket for thursday, best chinese bands folks.

Andy don’t bother, Little Bar Shows are over too early. Catch us at the Jah bar next friday!

have fun at panda and dont drink too much in prep for the football cup

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Got my Big Love ticket for thursday, best chinese bands folks.

Which bands are you trying to catch on Thursday?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.