Big Love Festival

HomeForumsIn ChengduBig Love Festival

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

1) Rebuilding The Rights of Statues (ReTros)

2) New Pants

3) Hedgehog

for Chengdu there is The Trouble

Also after seeing all the promos in HK for Lisa Ono it would be cool to see Japanese Bossa Nova. Not sure how Extreme will be, but ReTros is my fav Chinese band after a bone-chilling set at Little Bar a few years back

Participant

I’ll be attending Big Love tomorrow and performing on the Big E stage with Just Charlie on Saturday from 2-5. I’m hoping the weather holds out for us over the next 4 days!

Participant
    Quote:
    1) Rebuilding The Rights of Statues

Very very impressed! Do you have any of their CDs?

Got a couple of bits and pieces to say about the festival here.

Participant

Main points:

Buy tickets at the gate. Much cheaper than presale.

Getting home is really difficult. Either leave way before 10pm or wait till after 12.

Participant

More details:

http://music.douban.com/musician/104907/

http://www.last.fm/music/Rebuilding+the+Rights+of+Statues

If you are that way inclined, there seem to be a few torrents of “Cut Off” going around.

Participant

A handful of songs of Soundcloud too:

http://soundcloud.com/re-tros

Participant

Actually “Cut Off” Lp was one of the only things I ever purchased from the itunes store. However I’d be willing to share. Their new music is killer, very LCD Soundsystem esque, this band is miles beyond the competition.

How was friday and today? Looked like nice weather, I’m gonna head out tmrw for Soundtoy and a DJ set by Ellen Allien

Participant

What an insane business model they use here re major events; anyone who buys in advance gets suckerpunched pretty much every time when scalpers can be found outside flogging the ticket you just bought for up to 50% (and much more) off. Imagine a heavyweight title fight (eg. Manny v. Floyd) where you could just rock up to the MGM grand, hit your scalper buddy and score a huge discount, laughing at the suckers who bought in advance….I thought scalpers were supposed to I N F L A T E the price…..?

Participant

Yea Ray I feel pretty silly for buying my thursday ticket in advance from macchu picchu thinking i was getting a good deal and all. Looks like tmrw I’ll be hitting the “lot” for the scalpers. I think some higher power artificially flooded the market with lower price tix to bring in more heads, pretty flawed logic overall no disagreement there.

you should head out its fun and way better than zebra

Participant

Man, the stories i heard about the F1 race in Shanghai are unbelievable; tix with 3000 kuai face value (hey, its Shanghai and it’s F1)going for 200….my math ain’t cutting it, but that’s quite a discount……

Participant

You can’t do 200rmb tickets but you pay around 600rmb these days for 2000rmb seats if you are lucky, what I’ve paid the past 2 years at the SH F1.

Olympic football tickets bought 10 minutes before kick off again Shanghai cost be about 200rmb for 1200 rmb seats.

Golden rule is just turn up and chance it, if you have to pay full price so be it but I’ve never been to an event in China that was completely sold out. ALWAYS got cheaper than the listed price. The Huang Niu is your best friend here unlike the west where they are scum.

Keymaster

Big Love was incredibly poorly managed but I still had a blast. My feet hurt from walking around so much, the venue was gigantic. I got interviewed a few times, hopefully some footage shows up on TV. I got photos as well, if I have enough I will publish a post with them, if not I will post some here.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.