Bitcoin meet up at Bookworm Saturday 13th April

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBitcoin meet up at Bookworm Saturday 13th April

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For anyone interested in knowing more about Bitcoins in Chengdu, join us this Saturday (April 13th) at the Bookworm at 17:00.

If you want to know how Bitcoins work, where to buy / sell them, or mine them, meet with an IT expert and other local Bitcoins enthusiasts.

Please register your interest on this thread.

Keymaster

I’m there!

Assuming nothing else crops up, I’ll attend.

What qualifies someone as an IT expert?

Participant

An IT expert is someone who has spent their life working in IT. Building banking systems for the central banks of Europe etc. With over twenty years of experience. I hope that is good enough for you sir! ;-P

Quote:
    I hope that is good enough for you sir! ;-P

Absolutely. I found the word expert used in conjunction with such a broad subject curious. Thanks for clearing that up!

Participant

I am interested, but I have a friend coming to town this weekend and was thinking of taking them to Leshan on Saturday. So, I may not make it.

Participant

Can they help me with not gambling all of my bitcoins away?

Participant
    Participant

Maybe I’ll come with a friend.:)

Participant
    Quote:
    Trojan Turns Your PC Into Bitcoin Mining Slave

wow thats actually kind of neat

Participant

I’ll be there.

Keymaster

We are all seated outside at a picnic table under an umbrella.

Participant

I was watching my daughter and didn’t get a chance to make it. Did anything interesting come out of it?

Participant

I was watching my daughter and didn’t get a chance to make it. Did anything interesting come out of it?

Keymaster
    Quote:

Yeah, this went really well. About 10 people showed up and we sat outside at a picnic table under the fading sun around dusk. I learned a lot, as Hakim (who is very knowledgeable on Bitcoins) talked about block chains, wallets, buying BTC in China, and more. Overall it was a very good conversation and all perspectives were represented. It definitely was not just a group of people fawning over Bitcoin, which was good.

Edit: I got one photo

bitcoinmeet.jpg

Keymaster
    Quote:

Yeah, this went really well. About 10 people showed up and we sat outside at a picnic table under the fading sun around dusk. I learned a lot, as Hakim (who is very knowledgeable on Bitcoins) talked about block chains, wallets, buying BTC in China, and more. Overall it was a very good conversation and all perspectives were represented. It definitely was not just a group of people fawning over Bitcoin, which was good.

Edit: I got one photo

bitcoinmeet.jpg

Participant

Originally I planned to go to the bookworm but finally was dragged by my friends to a strawberry garden. 🙂 Hope that there will be another meeting again in the future. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.