Business School for Kids?

HomeForumsIn ChengduBusiness School for Kids?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all,

Does anyone know what the name of the school in this story is? http://china.org.cn/2013-04/04/content_28446858.htm

Or, even better, how to get in contact with the school teachers or directors? If so, please let me know. I’d like to do a story on this when I come to Chengdu at the end of May. Thanks for any info you might be able to get.

Participant

Haha! Yeah I know where this is. I work in the New Tech district and my gym is in the same shopping mall as this school. I walk by it every day. When I first saw it I was marginally surprised and thought it might be certain to fail because really, who teaches finance to little kids.

Apparently, China does.

I’ve heard a news report about this on NPR (National Public Radio in the US) of all places.

It’s in the Jiu Fang Shopping Mall in the New Tech District. You can get there by subway and a five-minute walk. I’ll try to remember to note what floor it’s on when I go to the gym today and get back to you.

Cheers,

Ben

Participant

Amazing! Thanks Ben. I would be extremely grateful for any information on it. What would be especially helpful is any info on the school’s name, if it has a website, or any contact information for the people working there. It’d be much easier to do a story on this if I can contact people ahead of time. If you can get any of that, I’d be happy to buy you dinner when I’m out there at the end of May. Thanks!

Participant

It’s called “China Britain Financial Education” and it’s pretty easy to find. You go to the north-south subway in Chengdu, go south to the High Tech Zone, exit, look around until you see the huge, funny-shaped Yellow and Purple office building. Walk south past that building along the main road and a block later you’ll see Jiu Fang Shopping Center. Go in. Go up to the 5th Floor. Walk around the building on the 5th Floor until you see China Britain Financial Education. I’ll be back in the gym tomorrow, probably, and will try to stop in and grab some materials for you.

Here is the subway stop in Chinese:

高新区地铁站

Shopping mall address in Chinese, in case you want to spend more money and get stuck in traffic via taxi:

高新区地铁站旁边的九方广场

I’ll try to post some of the contact info tomorrow. No need to buy me dinner. Just drink one of my home brews someday and if it tastes like absolute crap tell me it’s good anyway and we’re square.

Cheers.

Participant

You’re the man. Looking forward to what else you get. The story would be for British airlines business magazine, the one they put in first class for all the bigwigs. I’m going to be in Chengdu doing a story for the regular in flight about fixed gear bike riding in the city. I’d love to add on the school story while I’m there. As a fellow home brewer, I’d be more than happy to congratulate you on an amazing brew. Thanks again Ben.

Participant

Awesome. I’m sure they’d love that kind of attention. I’ll try to remember to stop in tomorrow after work on my way to the gym. Depending on when you’re in town at the end of May I might be able to meet you at the subway shop and walk you over there.

The Natooke fixed gear bike shop is across from my house. I’m sure you’re already in touch with those guys. If not let me know and I”ll give you their contact info as well.

my email: [email protected]

Participant

subway station. not subway shop.

Participant

Sounds great. Yeah, I’ve been in touch with Jacob at natooke for a while. We actually ended up having a close mutual friend. Its a tiny world sometimes.

Awesome that you decided to do a Fixed Gear piece Patrick. Let me know when you will be in Chengdu.

Participant

Thanks Brendan. I think the story is going to work out great. Jacob has been amazing to talk to so far and we’ve got a really great photographer lined up. Should be good. For dates, if you’re interested, I’ll be out there from the 23rd to the 28th.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.