Where to Buy an Oven?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere to Buy an Oven?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can buy a real oven?  I have a toaster oven but that really doesn’t but it for baking anything.  I have heard a rumor that there is a market in West Chengdu that sells hotel supplies and I can buy a small commercial oven there.  Has anyone been there?  Do you know the Chinese name?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Participant

http://search.jd.com/search?keyword=%E7%83%A4%E6%9C%BA%2060L&enc=utf-8&qrst=1&rt=1&stop=1&vt=2&ev=405_68707%40&uc=0#select

I’d buy one here.

I bought a Seimens oven/microwave combo for like 6k rmb, but it is one that needs to be installed in the cupboards so I’d imagine you aren’t looking for one like that – this listing has some of various types, including standing ones. I’d imagine you don’t need anything over 60L?

Participant

There was a guy selling a used oven on gochengdoo about a month ago for 300 RMB.  I spoke to him and he said that I could get a new one for 7-900.  It is a stainless oven that is about the size of a large toaster oven except this unit goes up to 600*F, which is what I want.  6,000 is a little steep for me.  Thanks for the help 🙂

Participant

Also i already have a toaster oven similar to those on JD.com.  It works fine but for baking bread it just doesn’t get hot enough for an ideal loaf.

Keymaster

Also i already have a toaster oven similar to those on JD.com. It works fine but for baking bread it just doesn’t get hot enough for an ideal loaf.

The ones linked to on JD.com are real ovens that can bake bread. I have an oven (didn’t get it on JD.com but it’s available there) which bakes everything I have tried without issue. I would also recommend JD.com

Participant

Charlie, what make/model oven do you have?  What is the maximum temperature of the oven?  My toaster oven tops out at 230*C and with a thermometer, it never gets above 200*C when I bake.  Thanks

Keymaster

Charlie, what make/model oven do you have? What is the maximum temperature of the oven? My toaster oven tops out at 230*C and with a thermometer, it never gets above 200*C when I bake. Thanks

I’m not sure of the exact model (I’m not at home) but it looks almost exactly like this one, which goes to 250 celsius. That is basically how hot a normal oven in the states or Europe can get, to my knowledge.

Participant

Metro has an oven from by the brand Tomato for 700RMB that works perfect for bread, we used to do 3 loafs at the same time in it.

Participant

Apparently there are a lot of people baking their own bread :-).  Thanks for all the advice.

Keymaster

Metro has an oven from by the brand Tomato for 700RMB that works perfect for bread, we used to do 3 loafs at the same time in it.

Great to see you here Daniel – any chance you’ll come back to visit? Are you still in Seoul? (For anyone who doesn’t know… Daniel was the co-proprietor of one of the best coffee shops in the city a few years ago called Kaffestugan)

Participant

Yeah, still kicking ass in Seoul and loving it !

Slim to nil chances of a trip to Chengdu in the near future but will let you know if…

Thanks for the nice comment in above post 🙂

Check your PM…

Daniel

Participant

The only problem with baking in toaster ovens is the size, but I somehow managed to squeeze a 6.5 kg turkey into my 38 L Midea… They’re cheaper on JD or Taobao anyway, but you can go look at models in a store, top floor of Ito Yokado has loads on display.

Participant

…or, if you’re lazy, the bakery around the corner from Waitan has nice European wholegrain bread that’s not too expensive.

Participant

Daniel,

I wish your shop was here, i have been searching for a good place and always here your old shops name popping up. Coffee shop’s in the “du” are not in abundance like those in Seoul. By chance do you have a shop in Seoul, i’m returning soon and will have a sip should that be the case. Will even bring in my IPL teram members.

Gene

Gene

Participant

Coryg,

I would just go to tabao.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.