Buying Imported Goods: Vaikee Shop

HomeForumsIn ChengduBuying Imported Goods: Vaikee Shop

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I recently checked out a shop in Chengdu that I didn’t know about before called Vaikee. It’s a small place but filled with imported goods that are difficult to find in other places. Like gigantic cans of beer, pictured below (seriously never seen a can of beer that large).

Opened by a local couple, this place specializes in imported lifestyle good, including but not limited to food and drink. I also noticed things like vitamins and medicine in there which I’m not sure are possible to find at other places in Chengdu. An interesting thing about this place in particular is that they offer online ordering in addition to their shop. So if you don’t live in close proximity to their shop in the South of Chengdu near Donghu lake, it’s worth checking out their site to see if they have something you need but can’t find locally. Interestingly, delivery works based on the weight of what you order, not your proximity to the shop.

Sometimes finding common international items can be difficult in Chengdu, so you can never have too many options for sourcing imported goods. Aside from this place I think we have maybe one or two other go-to places, not many.

Here’s a link to the site: Vaikee and a few photos of some of the products they feature:

Participant

Thank you Charlie!

Participant

Charlie , I am surprised how u can find this shop . I will go to this shop next time .

Participant

good to know this little shop. Got to discover something there.

Next time I will do all the things.

Participant

Half-price pickles!

Participant

omg what a tease. this place is too far and too much effort for me to actually go to! q.q

Participant

@ Eric: Vaikee has the web page in English. And they have the web-build in IM. You can visit the web page to buy and I guess you can also asking question through the web messenger.

Participant

I need a special oatmeal. Just posted a wish in their web page. Let’s see if  they can get it for me.

Participant

Hi, JackB:
    Did you get response from your wish list in the web ?
    They do have oatmeal in their shop. You can just visit their web page http://www.vaikee.com as Charlie mentioned. Search for “Post Honey Bunches of Oat” and you will get it.
    many types of flakes, Muesli as well. And you will find enogh other things…

Participant

statssp: Yes, I found the oatmeal. Thx! And there are many types of German beers in the shop.  And also some milks from NZ, France, wines from Spain and Chile which I am intresed in. In there web page, I chated with the service desk and have also posted couple of wishes: cheeses, flavours…hopefully this shop can help me to find things I want…

Participant

Bought some beers from the web page. The delivery guys does doe speak English. But got the help desk sorted this out by bridging us. cool…

Participant

Like beer

Participant

Cool in the hot air in Chengdu…Just got the bought beers and got 2 free bottles. 

The shop have beer/drink  promotion now- Buy 8, Get ONE free.

Participant

I checked the website. This shop does look worth checking out. Where is this shop exactly? Huarun Road?

Participant

Oh! I just checked the Chengdu Places site and found its location. Many thanks for the tip, Charlie.

Participant

That is ture!

The shop have promotion “Buy 8 Get one free” for beer. You can see the Ad in the http://www.vaikee.com. You can find the brands difficult to locate in other shops.

Participant

Since opening their first real store in Jade city(HuaRun Road 2#-35#), Chengdu, Vaikee (http://www.vaikee.com) can provide:
    • Foods & Beverages
    • Crafts & Souvenirs
    • Flowers
    • A GOOD feature: Did not find things in our shop? Tell us what you want and let us find it for you. Cool, try it now!

Vaikee E-Shop accepts payment by :
    • Visa/Master Card
    • Paypal
    • Alipay
    • COD (Cash on Delivery)
    • E-Bank

Participant

Woo..sh.

I bought Quaker Oats at  http://www.vaikee.com/index.php?do=show&id=5750, http://www.vaikee.com/index.php?do=show&id=5751. Those are difficult to locate in Chengdu, but only sometimes in Shanghai.  My favourite home stuff!

Participant

I guess the exchange rate is not correct. I bought 232.2 RMB and if I pay by Paypal, it costs 37.67 USD. So the exchange rate is 6.19 ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.