Buying Property: Your Advice and Views

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuying Property: Your Advice and Views

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Quote:
    I won’t be moving down that way until the end of the year. My first step is to find somebody who can fit a central heating system

I have a brochure kicking around my place somewhere from when I was considering doing it. If I find it then I will post the contact details for you. It was for a radiator based system with central gas boiler.

Participant

Thx

Ian – Found the brouchure. Contact details are on their website, http://www.cdoyj.com/. I got the brochure from a friend who used them. He was happy with the system/install, and it is still working 2 years later.

** Note from forum administrator: this post was posted from Maxxelli **

Hello,

I don’t know of Maxxelli, relocation agent in China, can help you but these company was very useful for me when I moved to Chengdu. I’m living near the US consulate until June. Their website is: http://www.maxxelli.net, it is very easy to contact them.

I have had some different problems after signing the contract and all the problems were quickly fixed, thanks to Maxxelli. For example, I’ve had a problem with my cooking fire. They even have translated my Chinese washing machine.

I hope you will have a good stay in China and will find a good heating system!

Regards,

Hannes

Participant

Listen folks. If you are having trouble with your washing machine, get that washing machine translated.

If necessary, get your cooking fire translated too.

I want to translate my cooking fire into RMB using my washing machine. How to?

Participant

Wow Maxxelli can translate my Toaster via the cooking fire. Can I pay for this with magic beans?

Participant

Remember when you were a kid and fire didn’t need to be translated? Shit, old school fire was awesome…

Participant

I hate how you can only get knock-off fire in China.

Excellent spam post Ruth. Reference to having ‘enough money’, and link to $US pay day loan site offering $1500 MAX loan amount. I guess I could by a decent dog kennel for that.

Keymaster

lol at the last few days of posts in this thread.

To return to the topic of the property market in China though, I stumbled on this today: China’s riskiest property market just collapsed. Is this how it starts?

Participant

It might be too late now, but if you’re still loking for someone to fit the heating in your new place I can check the name of the guys who did the underfloor heating in our flat. Wonderful to walk on a heated floor during the cold months.

Participant

How much did the underfloor heating cost?

Participant

Hm, good question. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I can certainly find out for you.

Participant

Government just added a 20% capitals gains tax on sellers. This will not help first time buyers.

20%

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Government just added a 20% capitals gains tax on sellers. This will not help first time buyers.

So house buying becomes a dramatically worse proposition – the price rises for prospective buyers and current owners are locked in to their current places. This will only exacerbate the issue of the middle class not being able to be homeowners, and it will lock everyone into their current homes. If/when a crash comes then you’ll have no option but to sit it out for a decade for the market to recover (assuming that reaches current-bubble levels).

Participant

The 20% capital gains tax means to drive potential buyers to new-built apartments at exterior rings of the city.

Participant

The very problem in china is: china locals do not have a reliable place to save and invest. Stock market? forget it, “you enter the market with a BMW, come out with a bicycle”

bank? <1% interest rate return.

then real estate becomes the only sensible choice for investment.

Participant

the transaction/matching process of buying/selling real estate in mainland china is very exhausting, not advised for foreigners without local knowledge.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The very problem in china is: china locals do not have a reliable place to save and invest. Stock market? forget it, “you enter the market with a BMW, come out with a bicycle”

This is how China maintains and grows the bubble: keep all of the currency inside China, at all costs.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.