Buying Property: Your Advice and Views

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuying Property: Your Advice and Views

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If not, all the capitals will flow to Wall Street financing investment bankers backyard swimming pool.

Participant

The new tax policy will be definitely awful for buyers. The government steal money.

Participant

My father-in-law just told me this 20% tax is not applicable to Sichuan province, only Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou. But I don’t have any other source for this info.

Btw, for those who have/plan on buying a house, who have/are you getting to do the interior?

Participant

I’m going to do most of it myself apart from the central heating

Participant

Hey, finally I can post here again. Had a very strange blip in here a week orso ago where I could log in, but no reply box appeared.

Anyway: The under floor heating was much cheaper than central heating normally is: 15.000 V.S. some 50.000, but that was partially because we hadn’t laid the floor yet. If you’re buying a new build with no flooring this is probably the cheapest option, but if not then ripping out the floors, laying under floor heating and getting new ones in will most likely be pretty pricey.

Participant

It’s a new build. Do you have the companies name?

Participant

Are you taking a house in the suburbs into consideration?

It’s far cheaper and you can got a bigger house with beautiful green residential environment.

Land price is high within the 3rd ring and the developers will not design a large green area with high costBut it will be quite different in the suburbs.The air is fresh and the price is reasonable.

You can refer to city planning policies and find potential areas.Good transportation is necessary,so you could pay attention to the subway map.

Participant

Are you taking a house in the suburbs into consideration?

It’s far cheaper and you can got a bigger house with beautiful green residential environment.

Land price is high within the 3rd ring and the developers will not design a large green area with high costBut it will be quite different in the suburbs.The air is fresh and the price is reasonable.

You can refer to city planning policies and find potential areas.Good transportation is necessary,so you could pay attention to the subway map.

Participant

Valley please see my previous post. I have already bought the apartment near Longquan Yi

Participant

Valley please see my previous post. I have already bought the apartment near Longquan Yi

Participant

Some things to consider with underfloor heating – the stuff they had available here (in China, not just Chengdu) that I could find was pretty old-tech, this was as of Summer 2012.. and at a minimum would add significant height to my flooring which I didn’t want at all. If you’re going that route, suggest doing research into what is available, and not just the immediate cost but what the usage cost and how well it works with the flooring material you’re choosing to lay on top of it.

Other things to keep in mind, if you’re going to be organizing a pretty stable furniture set-up in advance (ie. you are sure where some large furniture items are going to be) you can skip underfloor heating in those areas and keep it where you’re going to feel it, save both immediate and long term cost.

Last thing, while heating is great for winter, you can’t compare it to, say, central AC – since it’s *only heating*. Summer is coming, and if you don’t have good AC in the summer…well, enjoy sweating your balls off!

Participant

Some things to consider with underfloor heating – the stuff they had available here (in China, not just Chengdu) that I could find was pretty old-tech, this was as of Summer 2012.. and at a minimum would add significant height to my flooring which I didn’t want at all. If you’re going that route, suggest doing research into what is available, and not just the immediate cost but what the usage cost and how well it works with the flooring material you’re choosing to lay on top of it.

Other things to keep in mind, if you’re going to be organizing a pretty stable furniture set-up in advance (ie. you are sure where some large furniture items are going to be) you can skip underfloor heating in those areas and keep it where you’re going to feel it, save both immediate and long term cost.

Last thing, while heating is great for winter, you can’t compare it to, say, central AC – since it’s *only heating*. Summer is coming, and if you don’t have good AC in the summer…well, enjoy sweating your balls off!

Participant

LOL on that concrete quality article, I’ve seen this happening first hand. I can’t even begin to imagine how you would ever know with absolute certainty that your investment was sound in Chinese construction. The things I’ve seen taking place are out in the stratosphere past logic and reason.

Participant

I heard some really bad stories about the Times 8 building opposite Hemp House. Luck of the draw

Participant

Longquan Yi is a pretty spot.I live in XinDu.

I have just finished the decoration of my house.

Central air-conditioning will probably cost RMB20000-30000 and terrestrial heat of 10000-20000.

Participant

I will get the keys this week 3 months earlier than completion date. So the fun will begin

Participant

I had an independent survey done today on the apartment… A few problems need fixing before I pay the government tax and get the keys. If anyone needs and survey I can give you the companies number. Next step is to find a good trustworthy builder.

Quote:
    Next step is to find a good trustworthy builder.

ROFL.

Participant

Ian, if you need someone who did lots of good work for/with me (I did my own design and construction too :D) let me know and I’ll pass you his contact. He did some plumbing/electrical as well as lots of woodworking (like custom desk built between walls with glass back, no legs this way, and little hole for imac cable leading to electrical outlet hidden beneath so it’s like a cable-free looking custom white imac desk :D) did my big walk in closet work, stone-ish tile TV wall, and various other stuff. For the majority of my tiling (floor/bathrooms) I had someone else do it but don’t think he’s that great, so don’t want to bother passing him along..but for basically everything else this guy is good.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.