Buying Property: Your Advice and Views

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuying Property: Your Advice and Views

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Participant

haha good idea, hard to make it happen but that would be interesting. can make a new downtown, a forei-town

Participant

i work for centery 21 so i know how things work a little bit, the price of house in china wont drop within 10s years.

Do you have a crystal ball?

get a loan , then u dont have to pay much at first. and i dont think its a good idea to buy a house outside of 3rd ring is a good idea

Foreigners cannot get a loan independently.  You can get a mortgage if your married.  Also you do have to pay a lot, because you have to build the interior of your new apartment.  Buying outside the third ring road is a good choice especially if your apartment is close to the new subway system.

Keymaster

i work for centery 21 so i know how things work a little bit, the price of house in china wont drop within 10s years.

Are you familiar with the 2008 housing crash? There was an overwhelming chorus of “experts” who laughed at people warning about an impending crash. Nearly all of the experts had a “stake” in the status quo, which is why they weren’t able to see the crash coming. Experts like yourself, whose livelihoods depend on the real estate market continuing to grow in the face of increasingly alarming red flags, which we are now seeing everywhere all across China.

and i dont think its a good idea to buy a house outside of 3rd ring is a good idea, cauze if u do , its not convinent to go to work or anything else, by then u would be tired of take a long time to go to work everyday, then u probebly would want to rent another place in the city and rent ur own house to someone else which wont get money from the house out of city.

I disagree, the area south of third ring road in Chengdu is growing faster than any other region in the city, by a long shot. There are lots of jobs there and I know plenty of people who live and work south of the third ring road. I think it’s smarter to invest there where it’s still relatively cheap rather than pay top dollar for something dilapidated and exorbitantly priced within the second ring road, where you can barely get around due to crippling traffic.

Participant

haha good idea, hard to make it happen but that would be interesting. can make a new downtown, a forei-town

We are looking in chengdu for an condo/apartment, actually my wifes parents are saying they found one 145 m^2, for about 900,000 rmb.  Does that sound realistic ?  Funny thing is as we are looking they look a lot like the one you are finishing !

Participant
    Participant

Наконец, завершить строительные работы

http://ianclavis.wordpress.com/category/china/buying-a-house-in-china/

respect for you. I built the house, and I know how hard it is all worth it. looks quite good. how expensive it cost?

Participant

The building works was around 80k.  The biggest expense was the heated floor.

Keymaster

Finally building work complete http://ianclavis.wordpress.com/category/china/buying-a-house-in-china/

Congratulations, looks pretty good! That is super cheap, too. I imagine property values must be far lower out there.

Participant

I payed around 5000 sqm.  The building works cost was cheap because a lot I did myself.

Keymaster

I payed around 5000 sqm. The building works cost was cheap because a lot I did myself.

That is surprisingly expensive, actually. I know that within the city prices can be up to the 10k/sqm price range, but I have friends who bought around 3rd ring road a few years ago for 3k/sqm. I’m sure prices have risen a lot (doubled in some cases?) in the last 2-3 years though.

Participant

It’s not expensive I spent months looking at prices all over Chengdu at the end of last year.  The building next to us in the same complex is now selling for 9000 sqm.  Any building complex that is conected to the metro is going up like crazy.

Participant

just hooked up a vpn and finally able to see your blog; congratulations.

if it is any source of comfort, your renovation experience was similar to mine and pretty much anyone else I know who has renovated (nightmarish).

enjoy your new pad.

Participant

Thx Les

I just posted another video on my heated floor.

New Heated Flooring System

Participant

Just watched the latest video, very cool.

So the heated floor comprises a copper plate inside the individual tiles that are all connected and powered by electric current I take it? If that is so, then way cool.

My friend did the “radiator” type of heating which is gas powered and coupled with the water heater. To install, they had to basically carve out lines in all the walls to run the pipe and that ultimately emerges from the walls of each room as a radiator element. Watching them drill the living crap out of all of the walls made me cringe so I passed.

Your system is absolutely brilliant in its conception and what appears to be a non-intrusive installation (when compared to above); great decision on your part mate.

Participant

I was originally going to get a under floor heating system with plastic tubing, but then I would have had to add on the cost of also getting the flooring.  Also because of the distance from the boiler to the bathroom I would have to install a small heating box in the bathroom.  To much hassle.

The other reason was because the boilers are expensive and only have a two year warranty.  I have also noticed Chengdu has high levels of limescale, which basically means after a few years your boiler needs replacing and maybe your radiators.  The new system has a 25 year warranty.

The good thing about the new system is that I can control different parts of the room.  I basically split the living room into two halves.

Keymaster

The new system has a 25 year warranty. The good thing about the new system is that I can control different parts of the room. I basically split the living room into two halves.

That looks really cool, congratulations on setting that up. I can only imagine how nice it must be to have heated floors in Chengdu. The last month or so I think I have literally had the heat on every time I am home.

Participant

We won’t move in until next month, so maybe on a little this year.

Participant

Looks very nice.

Heated floors are the thing, cant wait for our vacation in Korea 🙂 .

Congrats on a nice place.

Daniel

Participant

I’m looking for somebody who can make tables in Chengdu.  Any ideas?

Participant

QQ: 671718226
    Ph: 13438139591

I don’t know his name – I’m an impersonal asshole and just have him in as “woodworker” 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.