Calligraphy Event October 19th @ 2pm

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCalligraphy Event October 19th @ 2pm

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am hosting a calligraphy event so you can understand and learn Calligraphy or Shufa.  Shufa is a special technical skill used to write Chinese characters.  I will be helping you with this eastern asian style at my friends apartment in the eastern part of Chengdu.  This learning event will start at 2pm and end at approximately 5pm.    The cost for this event is $150 rmb which includes all the required materials.  Further lessons can be determined based on your schedule at a cost of $70 rmb per hour. The address is Apt 1004, 10th Floor, Second Building, Jinjiang Road 568, The Morgan Center Building, Jinjiang District, Chengdu.  Please reserve your spot at my friends number at 13980844056 or at [email protected].  My English name is Mary and my Chinese name is ChunLing Chao.

Participant

Do you need to be able to write in Chinese characters to take part?

Participant

You do not need to be able to speak or write Chinese.  I have registered you for the class Rob.  Thanks so much and hopefully more will attend with you.  Mary

Participant

We now have 2 more people coming to the class.  Their names are Robyn and Charlie.  Rob gets a 25rmb discount for each of these people when they come because he introduced them to me.   Thanks so much !

Keymaster

Damn, I love calligraphy and would totally go to this but the next Dojo event is on the same day (Saturday the 19th). Hopefully this happens again.

Can you post some images of the work you’ve done, and perhaps the location where you’ll be teaching.

Thanks.

Participant

I have added  Anushka to my class.  I will only accept one or maybe 2 more people.  Six people are enough at one time.  I can add another event at a later date.  The address for this event is  at Apt 1004, 10th Floor, Second Building, Jinjiang Road 568, The Morgan Center Building, Jinjiang District, Chengdu.  This is about 15 minutes by taxi and west of the center of the city.  I will post some examples of my calligraphy soon.

Participant

I have 2 more for you! I’m just getting there numbers. I’ll text you in a bit.

Participant

Ok Rob, this means that you will paying 25rmb because of your many referrals.  I have added kate and your other friend as well.  Congratulations! It will be great to meet you and your friends.  The event now has enough people.   If this goes well, we will host another one in the near future.

Thanks to all who will come!

Mary

Participant

Wow that’s great. I’m really looking forward to this.

Participant

Hi,

We’re visiting Chengdu for the first time 3-8 November and would love to take part in a calligraphy class – do you know if you’ll be doing another class then?

Thank you

Participant

I will let you know when I will do another event soon.  I am not sure of the day yet.  How many people want to have a class during November?  Would you be available on November 3rd ?

Participant

I have room for one or two more people for the 19th.  Let me know if you can come.  It starts at 2pm sharp!  Ends around 5.  We can always go out for something to eat together afterwards, up to the group.

Participant

Thanks to all the people who came to the Calligraphy event today!  Charlie Dixon, Anushka Trainer, Kate Barton, Rob Henry, Husna Butt, Richard Schofield and Norm Stephenson.  Thanks again Mary.

Participant

Please see a picture of the calligraphy group.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

More pics

Attachments:
    Participant

more pics 2

Attachments:
    Participant

more pics3

Attachments:
    Participant

more pics4

Attachments:
    Participant

more pics5

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.