Captain America & Foreign Films in China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCaptain America & Foreign Films in China

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Funny, I used to loathe Leonardo Man Child Di Caprio, but then changed my mind after seeing Woody Allen’s ‘Celebrity’.

A lot of guys hate on him because of Titanic but honestly I think that’s kinda silly. Even though he was real girly in Titanic, it’s a chick flick anyway so IMO he really hit the target in a sense. Still not my personal favorite.

Leonardo DiCaprio is a great actor who chooses outstanding roles though. He’s already legendary status actor with movies like The Departed, Inception, Shutter Island, The Aviator etc. Even his old movies like Basketball Diaries and Gilbert Grape are really good. This is in contrast to many “A-List” actors who suck like Nick Cage, Keanu Reeves, etc.

I admit to holding bias, The Departed and Inception are two of my favorite movies of all time. But objectively I think it’s tough to mess with his resume.

Di Caprio definitely came into his own late 90’s, and I didn’t particularly dislike him in Titanic (I saved that for Zane), even though he was a wee bit whiny and man child like! LOL.

Di Caprio definitely came into his own late 90’s, and I didn’t particularly dislike him in Titanic (I saved that for Zane), even though he was a wee bit whiny and man child like! LOL.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    He runs like a girl

but I wouldn’t want him front kicking me to the face

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/xdG6yeakpvQ/

HAHAHAH I just watched this. The running clip is hilarious, it looks like he’s taking shorter strides than he’s capable of. Nice captions, too.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    He runs like a girl

but I wouldn’t want him front kicking me to the face

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/xdG6yeakpvQ/

HAHAHAH I just watched this. The running clip is hilarious, it looks like he’s taking shorter strides than he’s capable of. Nice captions, too.

Participant

Saw a Chuck Norris T-shirt in the States earlier this year. No words, just Chuck’s mug on the front, beard and all. Didn’t buy it. Every day i regret that decision. We can all learn alot from Chuck….

Participant

Saw a Chuck Norris T-shirt in the States earlier this year. No words, just Chuck’s mug on the front, beard and all. Didn’t buy it. Every day i regret that decision. We can all learn alot from Chuck….

Participant

That running clip is *hilarious* for sure.

RE: Cap’t America – I saw it while I was in Qingdao on its opening weekend, it was worthwhile. I wouldn’t say it was an outstanding movie, but it was enjoyable enough to not be like “wtf what a waste” and my girl enjoyed it. It was a little corny, mind you..

RE: Foreign films in China(Chengdu), I’ve noticed a lot of B movies releasing here months after they were released elsewhere…movies like Skyline, Sanctum (oz), etc.. Skyline was f’ing HORRIBLE, actually left early, Sanctum was misleading in that I didn’t know anything about it and was expecting monsters or something, but it was worthwhile.

Keep a VPN and IMDB app on your phone and when you pop by to see what’s playing, you’ll have more information than you started with 😀 I’ve noticed a lot of theaters here giving big discounts lately also, once I went up to the iMax near happy valley and they were playing 10rmb 3d movies.

Participant

That running clip is *hilarious* for sure.

RE: Cap’t America – I saw it while I was in Qingdao on its opening weekend, it was worthwhile. I wouldn’t say it was an outstanding movie, but it was enjoyable enough to not be like “wtf what a waste” and my girl enjoyed it. It was a little corny, mind you..

RE: Foreign films in China(Chengdu), I’ve noticed a lot of B movies releasing here months after they were released elsewhere…movies like Skyline, Sanctum (oz), etc.. Skyline was f’ing HORRIBLE, actually left early, Sanctum was misleading in that I didn’t know anything about it and was expecting monsters or something, but it was worthwhile.

Keep a VPN and IMDB app on your phone and when you pop by to see what’s playing, you’ll have more information than you started with 😀 I’ve noticed a lot of theaters here giving big discounts lately also, once I went up to the iMax near happy valley and they were playing 10rmb 3d movies.

Keymaster

I also heard that movie is total garbage. I can’t remember the last time I actually walked out of a theater though… a few years ago I made it through Terminator: Salvation with Christian Bale in the theater. About 15 minutes into the movie I was already rolling my eyes as hard as possible.

10rmb 3D movies, wow, that is insanely cheap. The best way to get tickets in Chengdu is on the internet for sure, these group buy sites have really cheap tickets. And all of the big theater chains have Taobao accounts and tickets for sale on there which are sometimes half as much as the box office price if you buy on location.

Keymaster

I also heard that movie is total garbage. I can’t remember the last time I actually walked out of a theater though… a few years ago I made it through Terminator: Salvation with Christian Bale in the theater. About 15 minutes into the movie I was already rolling my eyes as hard as possible.

10rmb 3D movies, wow, that is insanely cheap. The best way to get tickets in Chengdu is on the internet for sure, these group buy sites have really cheap tickets. And all of the big theater chains have Taobao accounts and tickets for sale on there which are sometimes half as much as the box office price if you buy on location.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.