December 29, 2013 at 7:02 pm #38016RayParticipant
There was a thread about this a few months ago. Couldnt find it.
Hit Cat Cafe last night. Coffee was decent. Now the important part: the cats’
1. Lotsa cats. I mean cats just kept appearing, from nowhere.
2. The cats are cute. I took 11 photos (on my 4 month European trip I took a total of 9 pics).
3. The cats are of the no-f**cks-given variety. People pick ’em up, cuddle, snap pics. Cats are cool with that.
4. The staff are nice and seem to be cat lovers. When it first opened I asked “What’s that cat’s name?” Every cat was called Mi-Mi. This time the cats had individual names.
5. No smoking
6. They even give you little packets of “cat pudding” (seriously, that’s what it said on the label). The cats are mad for this shit. We called this “cat cocaine”.
7. Also have an English menu.December 29, 2013 at 7:11 pm #38018CharlieKeymaster
Hold up, this is a cat-themed cafe? I just searched for that previous thread, I think it was this one (ironically about dating).
What’s the location of this place? Did you bring your cat?December 29, 2013 at 7:17 pm #38019RayParticipant
Yu Lin Xilu, back gate of Huang Fu Hua Yuan, opposite 7-11. My cat wouldn’t pass the dress code. He’s a commoner. These cats are royalty.December 30, 2013 at 11:47 am #38029Mr. KlinkParticipant
Seen this place. There’s another “cat cafe” located on a side street opposite the west end of People’s Park. Never see anyone in it other than cats though. Never thought domestic cats would be big spenders.January 5, 2014 at 8:47 pm #38106Mr. KlinkParticipant
Just found out last night a friend of mine works at the cafe Ray originally mentioned. Apparently the past few days they’ve had an unusual number of male cross-dressers. Genuinely sounds like a really interesting place to check out.
Also was chatting on and on about the coffee which leads me to believe they take it pretty seriously.January 6, 2014 at 2:35 pm #38120CharlieKeymaster
Just found out last night a friend of mine works at the cafe Ray originally mentioned. Apparently the past few days they’ve had an unusual number of male cross-dressers.
Perhaps cross-dressing forum members who saw this thread. Yesterday some stranger messaged me on Weixin and invited me to go to a cat cafe with her. I thought for sure she was talking about this place but apparently there’s another at Hongxing Lu downtown.January 6, 2014 at 3:21 pm #38127AlanParticipant
I’ve been to the Hongxing Lu one. It’s near where Mandarin Corner are based.
Can’t give you a review of the cats because I’m not a cat person and I haven’t got any frame of reference with cat cafes.
But it stank of cats enough to put me off my mango smoothie, if that’s helps provide a barometer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.