Cat Cafe Review

HomeForumsIn ChengduCat Cafe Review

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

There was a thread about this a few months ago. Couldnt find it.

Hit Cat Cafe last night. Coffee was decent. Now the important part: the cats’

1. Lotsa cats. I mean cats just kept appearing, from nowhere.
    2. The cats are cute. I took 11 photos (on my 4 month European trip I took a total of 9 pics).
    3. The cats are of the no-f**cks-given variety. People pick ’em up, cuddle, snap pics. Cats are cool with that.
    4. The staff are nice and seem to be cat lovers. When it first opened I asked “What’s that cat’s name?” Every cat was called Mi-Mi. This time the cats had individual names.
    5. No smoking
    6. They even give you little packets of “cat pudding” (seriously, that’s what it said on the label). The cats are mad for this shit. We called this “cat cocaine”.
    7. Also have an English menu.

Keymaster

Hold up, this is a cat-themed cafe? I just searched for that previous thread, I think it was this one (ironically about dating).

What’s the location of this place? Did you bring your cat?

Participant

Yu Lin Xilu, back gate of Huang Fu Hua Yuan, opposite 7-11. My cat wouldn’t pass the dress code. He’s a commoner. These cats are royalty.

Participant

Seen this place.  There’s another “cat cafe” located on a side street opposite the west end of People’s Park.  Never see anyone in it other than cats though.  Never thought domestic cats would be big spenders.

Participant

Just found out last night a friend of mine works at the cafe Ray originally mentioned.  Apparently the past few days they’ve had an unusual number of  male cross-dressers.  Genuinely sounds like a really interesting place to check out.

Also was chatting on and on about the coffee which leads me to believe they take it pretty seriously.

Keymaster

Just found out last night a friend of mine works at the cafe Ray originally mentioned. Apparently the past few days they’ve had an unusual number of male cross-dressers.

Perhaps cross-dressing forum members who saw this thread. Yesterday some stranger messaged me on Weixin and invited me to go to a cat cafe with her. I thought for sure she was talking about this place but apparently there’s another at Hongxing Lu downtown.

Participant

I’ve been to the Hongxing Lu one. It’s near where Mandarin Corner are based.

Can’t give you a review of the cats because I’m not a cat person and I haven’t got any frame of reference with cat cafes.

But it stank of cats enough to put me off my mango smoothie, if that’s helps provide a barometer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.