changing money

HomeForumsGeneral Discussionchanging money

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

What do you all think is the best place/way to change money? I’m arriving with some funds for the initial set up of my apartment. Should I change all of it at once? Should I do it at the airport, or change it at the hotel (I’m staying at the Holiday Inn to begin with until I move in)?

you can exchange money at any bank, but you’ll need a passport to do this. I don’t know what the exchange rates are like at the airport but I would assume its safer to do this at a bank than at a hotel or the airport.

Participant

Domestic foreign exchange banks are: Bank of China中国银行, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China工商银行, Construction Bank建设银行, Agricultural Bank农业银行, Bank of Communications交通银行, etc..

You can choose the bank to exchange .

Do not look for people outside the bank, careful fooled.

Keymaster

You can actually get a better exchange rate outside of a bank, but I don’t recommend this unless you know someone you’re sure you can trust. Even then, be extremely careful. People in that business will exchange tattered or ripped bills for a better rate. You’ll have a hard time using them in China (most places won’t accept them), but it’s not an issue if you’re bringing them back to the US to spend there. Good luck-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.