Charitable Organizations in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCharitable Organizations in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Howdy forum folk.

I’ve been digging around and save Red Cross I’m having a tough time looking up charitable organizations in Chengdu.

Preferably I was hoping there would be an organization that would accept food donations. Anyone familiar with this sort of thing?

Additionally regulations on this sort of thing are strict in the States as far as I know. Is it the same here? What about making donations to something such as an orphanage?

Participant

There’s a charity called Hopeful Hearts which raises money to pay for heart operations for poor kids with heart conditions. I know the Dutch lady who is responsible for the Chengdu branch if you’re interested.

Not sure about food donations, but there’s bound to be some chrities of that type around. Maybe some NGOs too.

Participant

I give to Tibetans through an org here. PM me with contact and I’ll put you in touch

Participant

There is an “English-language” (and I use the term reservedly) magazine called Hello Chengdu that has ads soliciting clothing donations for local orphanages. Maybe they were asking for food too. I don’t know where to get the magazine though. I only picked it up once (which was more than enough) at Kaffe Stugan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.