Buying Cheap Luggage?

HomeForumsIn ChengduBuying Cheap Luggage?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can buy cheap luggage? Moving back to the US and need another bag. Has anyone seen these at the PC market, walmart, carrefour etc? I think Metro has them but that is far from my apartment and I don’t want to go to the North Market outside the train station. Any feedback is appreciated.
    -Cory

Participant

Xiaomi recently introduced a 28 inch model of their luggage. I got the small model, and just bought this big one as well. You can probably find an even cheaper one but Xiaomi’s luggage is insanely cheap considering the quality. Very spacious. It’s 499 RMB. Their deliveries are fast. If you plance an order today you’ll *probably* have it by Monday.

http://item.mi.com/1171200050.html

Participant

That sounds too nice for me. I have a pretty nice backpack that I recently purchased in the US so I am looking for something that I can stuff clothes and books into. Something that looks better than a cardboard box. Basically what most of the local students have or what the countryside people have at the train station. Hopefully under 100 RMB. Even a duffle bag would work.

Keymaster

I would check at your corner hardware store (五金店) for the plastic bags people use when they move here. These are the bags you see at the train station. They are available in different sizes and cost anywhere from 5-15 rmb. They are ugly but very durable and close with a zipper.

Xiaomi recently introduced a 28 inch model of their luggage. I got the small model, and just bought this big one as well. You can probably find an even cheaper one but Xiaomi’s luggage is insanely cheap considering the quality. Very spacious. It’s 499 RMB. Their deliveries are fast. If you plance an order today you’ll *probably* have it by Monday. http://item.mi.com/1171200050.html

That looks really nice. Xiaomi makes some outstanding stuff for the price.

Participant

Thanks!

Participant

Decathelon comes to mind. They have so that are so light that you can actually send real cargo weight versus cargo weight plus empty suitcase weight

Participant

Thanks otchengdu, I may buy something on decathlon’s website as they have a ton of duffle bags under 100 RMB that are large enough.

Keymaster

Dude I bought one from taobao recently. 168RMB https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.afaq3X&id=19282309013&_u=n2el2vs036bc

Check it out

Participant

Dead Author,

I’m in Malaysia at the moment and I cannot get that link to work, even when I use my vpn to sign in from a Chinese server. Can you provide keywords so that I can manually search Taobao for that product? I’ll be back in Chengdu on Tuesday and only have a few days to prepare for my move back to the US. If I can buy it online, that will save time.

Best wishes,
    Cory

Keymaster

Give this a try “汉客158” (brand name + model number.)

Participant

Ur best bet is decastholon then and by the time you order & receive its time for u too depart.

Anyways the one on TAOBAO for 158 looks good

Participant

Thx for all the feedback. Just bought the taobao one. I travel a lot so a folding bag makes sense for me. Price is very reasonable.

Best wishes
    Cory

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.