Chengdu Apartment Districts?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Apartment Districts?

• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We will be moving to Chengdu in June; I will be working within the 1st ring road at an EF mini center that is currently being built. We are looking to spend less than 4,000 rmb/mo and get a 2 bedroom apt. Any chance of this happening? Any tips on which district is the best? We are interested in living in a place that offers easy shopping and restaurants/bars, and access to public transport.

Keymaster

You can get a 2 bedroom apartment for 4,000 yuan in any district in Chengdu – where exactly are you working? Most foreigners prefer the south of Chengdu, usually between first and second ring road, although Tongzilin outside second ring road is also popular.

Participant

How good is your Chinese? You could get 2 two-bedroom apartments for what you’re suggesting, but you’ll save money if you use an agent in the neighborhood you’re looking in. Unfortunately most agents only speak Chinese.

Participant

it really depends on your budget, what you need, luck, etc.

however its around 2~3k for a 2 bedroom in the city center. most foreigners like the tongzilin area though

Participant

we very much like the area of Waitan and Waterfront. There are some other housing complexes in this area as well, all with nice grounds and very close to the city center.

Participant

I kinda like Shuangnan these days. i teach there 3 times a week, right near the Ito, and i think it’s a cool district. its kinda similar to Tongzilin (modern, maybe not too much character), but there’s good restaurants and rents are pretty cheap…

Participant

Just got a 2 bedroom apt with a rooftop for 2400 per month!!! Party at my place!!! Ladies only… Err… Havent had a girl in my apt in years… OK sad now.. Though it has a tub! 🙂

Place is in Yulin, 5-10 min walk from Sichuan Gym subway stop. 5-10 to raffles/computer city.

EDIT: I like the edit feature 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just got a 2 bedroom apt with a rooftop for 2400 per month!!!

Very nice! Where is it?

Participant

Yulin, well i dont have the apt yet, going to give landlady the money Friday. No agent fee, just landlord (hope she is… or im down 10k rmb!)

Congrats JerryS! Now you won’t get screwed over by cab drivers as much!

Participant

Man, having a garden is worth every cent in extra rent (except perhaps during Chengdu nuclear winter). Only problem: cat goes out, wants to come in. Cat comes in, wants to go out…..

Maybe those with gardens can post some pics? Mine is kinda barren right now tho…

Participant

Sure ill post pix when i move in. Its kinda desolate, the garden that is. There’s a shed room with an extra shitter (western shitter!). Though the floor in that room is…. Lets just say it needs a new floor. One of the agreements is for me to water the plants twice a week. Vegetation and I never got along, guess i have to man up and spray plants with water now…

It’s just my weekend home for now, after summer it will be my perm home. Dining room will be converted into a sweet ass home gym!

Also no more getting ripped off by taxi’s.. 100 RMB to get to Longquan? Yea… But i have to teach eng priv more now… To break even in costs.. I offer BJJ priv for 400 RMB an hour, yet no takers :'(

Participant

400/hr. ;o

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Maybe those with gardens can post some pics? Mine is kinda barren right now tho…

For years I’ve wanted to do a “Chengdu Cribs” type post on the blog, with info, photos, price, and location of a few apartments in Chengdu to give people an idea for how people live here. Now would be a great time to do that!

Participant

garden.jpg

My garden needs a little work….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.