Chengdu Homebrew Club

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Homebrew Club

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We need a homebrew club! And a name for it! And some brewers!

I just got a couple 6 gallon carboys today :-p

Keymaster

There is a group of Belgians that are doing this. Do you have experiencing brewing?

Participant

If you mean the “Chengdu Beer” guys, I’ve talked to them online, but I think they’re trying to be more of a business than a club. We haven’t met in person yet.

And I have been doing this for a bit so…. anybody that can help me get things going can get a taste of that one bottle I brought with me. I really want to open it.

-Brian

Participant

I would be interested in this Brian.

I brewed my very first batch a few months ago before coming to Chengdu and it has been a great experience (the brewing had been better than the tasting however haha)

Let me know if you ever want to check for supplies.

Participant

Yeah, getting the supplies is the big problem. I just found some restaurant supply stores near my apartment, so a big brew pot is easy to get. With some (food grade) tubing some grain or extract I could get something going.

Decent beer can be made with very little equipment, but having stuff does make things quicker, and easier to keep clean.

-Brian

Participant

And the Chengdu Beer guys have expressed some interest.

Participant

I spoke with the chengdu beer guys too.

They told me you can get most of the equipment from taobao and there is a guy in Shanghai selling equipment. It’s called My homebrew shop and you can find more details in hopsmagazine.com

We should get together and get some supplies!

Participant

I don’t have any brewing experience. And I don’t know if I’m ambitious enough to try. But I’d really be interested in hearing about it.

If you guys meet up I’d love to join.

Participant

I don’t have any brewing experience. And I don’t know if I’m ambitious enough to try. But I’d really be interested in hearing about it.

If you guys meet up I’d love to join.

Participant

I think the only requirement would be a. you like beer b. don’t stick your fingers in it. I’m not sure when I’ll be ready to brew, but beer tasting is an important skill for a beer brewer.

My immediate focus is to culture yeasts, so I’m actively looking for agar (vegetarian jello), petri dishes and some glass rod (that could be shaped into cell culture tools). Throw in a pressure cooker and the microbiology lab will be operational.

Participant

I think the only requirement would be a. you like beer b. don’t stick your fingers in it. I’m not sure when I’ll be ready to brew, but beer tasting is an important skill for a beer brewer.

My immediate focus is to culture yeasts, so I’m actively looking for agar (vegetarian jello), petri dishes and some glass rod (that could be shaped into cell culture tools). Throw in a pressure cooker and the microbiology lab will be operational.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.