Chengdu Living Flea Market

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Living Flea Market

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a bunch of stuff to donate/sell/leave at the curb. For example:

toys

awesome stroller

lotsa clothes

cute little bathtub for tiny ones (1-6 months)

I also have other random shit to give away. What’s up? shall we have a flea market? Anyone interested in kids stuff can pm me and I can give details … or we could also set up a second hand ho-down where several people get together and try and get rid of old shit. Beers. Music. Food Carts.

Keymaster

I have some stuff that I would like to get rid of also, I would participate. Where is a potential place to do this?

Participant

well, i’ve just moved in. Maybe i can use some of your ‘random shit’. :/

Location?

Participant

I recommend flower town, perhaps the location Charles was considering for events? If not, I can arrange it for an upcoming weekend. BBQ. Music. We would need to know that people will def. show up.

Participant

My current place has a huge square in shu du hua yuan 蜀都花园, loads of ppl live in that xiao qu. it is a beautiful xiao qu, btw, very green. Perhaps I could ask them to see if it’s allowed to do such an event? Let me know.

Flowertown is a tough location of this kind of thing. People would have to lug all their stuff there. Buyers would have to lug it back. It’s kind of a hike.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    My current place has a huge square in shu du hua yuan 蜀都花园, loads of ppl live in that xiao qu.

Where is that? I don’t think I’ve heard of that place.

Quote:
    Flowertown is a tough location of this kind of thing. People would have to lug all their stuff there. Buyers would have to lug it back. It’s kind of a hike.

Good point.

Participant

you’re right Chris. Hw about the spot where the hipsters play bike polo. Or the plaza Jen is talking about?

Participant

here is my place on the map, in Chinese thou, sorry. :http://j.map.baidu.com/PB8gK. It is pretty close to the very central Chengdu.

Participant

Everyone with children’s clothes, toys and books, please think about donating them to the Music Box annual charity bring and buy fair which will be held on Sunday June 2nd at Eton HOuse school. All the proceeds from the summer fair and bring and buy sale go to impoverished rural primary schools. This year the Music Box will continue to support the 11 village schools at Huaxi Township in Bazhong in north-east Sichuan, and is hoping also to help support a village school near Gonga Mountain. Last year we raised almost 10,000Yuan and the success of the bring and buy sale depends on people’s generosity in donating good-quality second-hand children’s toys, books and clothes. Please contact the Music Box on 028 61555750 or LOuise on 13709015291 to find out how and where to donate goods. The Music Box will send out details of the Bring and Buy Summer Fair nearer the time.

Participant

I think a flea market BBQ thing would be a lot of fun, so let’s try and find a location for CL regulars to do it every so often. Charles, Chris, let’s talk via phone or something and perhaps have asmall spring cleaning event?

As for donating, can i do it now Louise? I would rather not wait till June.

Participant

Myself, I would be very interested in popping along and meeting the dude, Sascha. Your contributions to CL and shared experiences I am very grateful for and often made me smile.

Same gratz goes to Charlie, CL has been great, much more than a resource. And Chris, who is always very genuinely helpful.

Anyway, too much love.

Hope all your preparation and that your new lives in the US will go well Sascha!

Participant

If you want to donate stuff now to the music box charity bring and buy sale in June, you can. Just phone the Music Box and say when you want to come round to drop stuff off. All the money earned by selling the children’s books, toys and clothes that you donate to the bring and buy sale will go to impoverished village schools in Sichuan, and any useful unsold children’s stuff can be sent to the schools as well, since they desperately lack books and toys. So phone the MUsic Box on 61555750 if you have any of these children’s goods. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.