Chengdu Metro Map

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Metro Map

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Sascha just published a post about transportation in Chengdu that is outstanding, check it out: Relieving China’s Traffic Jam

Keymaster

Sascha just published a post about transportation in Chengdu that is outstanding, check it out: Relieving China’s Traffic Jam

Line 2 is now open as of today, and I’ve just had a hilarious experience taking my first ride from Dongmen Bridge to Chunxi Road. I’ve come out of the subway to ground level, only to discover that all pedestrian exits are blocked, and the entire Chunxi area adjacent to Ito Yokado is surrounded by a good couple of thousand police and military. I literally had to make a break for it through a police line, at which point I could hear someone behind me making (slow) chase, but he apparently gave up after around 100m. What’s more hilarious is that this took place in full view of some 200+ onlooking police, not one of whom did anything to intervene. I also ran smack bang into a barricade of an equal number of ‘soldiers’, and managed to walk right through them again without any intervention or interruption to my passage. Extremely bizarre experience given that the area is all but deserted but for those posted on duty.

The things I will do for a workout!! 😀

Participant

Any map available for line 1 extension South? At the moment we live about 4 km South of Century City, and the entrance to our complex is smack in the middle of 2 entrances to the station. Can’t wait for it to be finished!

Participant

Brendan

I have read on weibo, many Chinese people said yesterday was a national humiliation day.

It is true, and I agree with that.

Police came to chunxilu to protect a Japanese shopping mall.

Participant

line 2 is open now!? awesome!

and ya, there were protests happening outside the consulate today as well. it seems to me that the japanese folk are purposely doing this to anger the chinese…

Participant

@ iameric

i said is Chinese stupid purposely doing this to anger the Chinese…

that’s what i mean national humiliation day

Participant
    Quote:
    there were protests happening outside the consulate today as well. it seems to me that the japanese folk are purposely doing this to anger the chinese…

I don’t think it was the Japanese that was protesting at the American consulate… at least not according this girl’s t-shirt:

tC5FK.jpg

Participant

I need put my country here , i am a Chinese, not a foreigner, any readers please don’t put me as a foreigner .

Don’t want other Chinese think i am a foreigner.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I don’t think it was the Japanese that was protesting at the American consulate… at least not according this girl’s t-shirt:

I went by the consulate just past noon today and everything was blocked off. I could see thousands of protestors with umbrellas standing around. I spoke with the driver about it for a minute but neither of us could figure out what they were doing at that location. It was Chinese people protesting Japan obviously. There’s no way that Japanese people would ever be able to protest anything in mainland China without risking their lives.

It took me 40 minutes to get to the Lazy Pug but when I got there the proprietors told me that every 7-11 in Chengdu was closed. I also heard that some people taking photos of protestors with Japanese cameras had their cameras snatched and smashed by the crowd. The first thing I thought when I heard that was “What cameras are not Japanese??”

Participant

uhm… japanese werent protesting. i was referring to the movie they rereleased about the war…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    uhm… japanese werent protesting. i was referring to the movie they rereleased about the war…

I didn’t understand that. What movie?

Participant

so the dispute isnt just about the islands. last week was the anniversary of the NJ massacre. the japanese had made a movie about that in the past. they rereleased it last week on the anniversary. they basically poured oil into the flames.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    so the dispute isnt just about the islands. last week was the anniversary of the NE massacre. the japanese had made a movie about that in the past. they rereleased it last week on the anniversary. they basically poured oil into the flames.

This is the first I’ve heard of that. Do you have a link?

What is the NE massacre? Do you mean Nanjing? Send me a PM with that info, I’m interested in learning more.

This thread should be able to the metro though so let’s try to stick to that. There’s this thread on the China/Japan conflict: Any thoughts on the current tensions?

Participant

someone keeps the Wikipedia page for the Metro quite up-to date.

Has good maps and expected opening time including extensions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_Metro

I never saw it overlaid on a street map though.

I really don’t know what “Chengdu Institute of Administration 成都行政学院” is, I guess now is a good time to find out.

anyone know yet if pricing has changed?

Keymaster
    Quote:

I haven’t noticed that prices have changed, I think (hope) they’ll stay the same. The subway is reasonably priced for the connections it offers, I think. I have noticed that the subway is slightly more crowded now than before though, as expected.

Quote:

The only thing with pricing I’ve noticed is what I’m pretty sure is a new (4 RMB) fare. I don’t recall seeing this before. The ticket machines have been improved though, with new ‘quick fare’ buttons on screen for 2, 3, & 4 RMB fares respectively. Definitely helps speed things up for the enlightened!

I’ve taken the Line 2 to work the last three mornings now, and the train has been jam packed each time. It would be interesting to know how many people are passing through the Metro system on a daily basis as of now.

[edit] Just realised the 4 RMB fare is probably for transfer.

Still remember how they started to build station on Tian FU Square. What a big operation there! I could see it from 12th floor of city tower every day! Now I’m far away from chengdu,my hometown, miss you so much!!

By the way is there any line from shuang liu airport to the south of 2nd circle?

Participant

I tried yesterday. Worked great, the progress you can make west is amazing compared to the bus.

On pricing. I think it’s still just based on total number of stations traveled. I saw an incredibly complicated fare matrix that even include 5 Yuan for some journeys including the extremity stations, though that might have been in the future.

I don’ think you pay a premium for transferring between lines, we did short trips including line changes and still paid 2 RMB.

Participant

if you’re inclined – or in a relationship that’s so – to turn everything in life into a food tour. Here’s a link to some food spots on line 2.

http://www.huaxi100.com/thread-1820067-1-1.html

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.