Chengdu Panda Hash House Harriers

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Panda Hash House Harriers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

The drinking club with a running problem. Walkers and non-drinkers from all walks of life welcome!

We meet every other week, get on a party bus and do a hash in the Sichuanese countryside.

http://www.pandahash.com

Keymaster

For those who aren’t clear, what is a hash? Is that where you guys take a bus to the country side and jog around, enjoying the scenery? I noticed from your site that other cities have similar organizations, like a hash network? Am I saying that correctly? hah

Whoa, only got this now! Can we get email replies to responses?

Anyway, the Hash House Harriers is an international drinking club that has been around since the thirties. Check the wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers

Every club has their own culture and approach to hashing. The Chengdu Panda Hash House Harriers always get on a bus and get out of town, yeah. It is a pretty good place to meet like-minded people (those who don’t take life to seriously, place to practice English/Chinese, good place to meet runners/drinking buddies, great place to do networking).

It is really, really ridiculously difficult to explain the hash to someone; my best advice is always to just go and see for yourself!

PS. Looking forward to your second podcast!

Keymaster

Awesome, thanks for the Wikipedia article.

Email topic notifications is the feature that I’m most excited about adding to the forum, but the problem is one of infrastructure. Unfortunately it’s a limitation of the forum setup that I have – it’s the price I pay for having a forum that’s integrated into the Chengdu Living design. But the good news is that this is functionality that they’re adding very soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.