Chengdu Restaurant Suggestions

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Restaurant Suggestions

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

that one is ONLY AYCE if i recall. never been in though

Participant

I like those 苍蝇馆子 in Yulin, such as 天添饭店 or 黄三哥, not expensive but the food very yummy.

Participant

The 苍蝇馆子 are some of the best spots to eat. When I walked by 天添饭店 last week and it was totally gutted, maybe its being remodeled?

Participant

What happened? What makes you feel gutted? Is it the food? I have not been there for quite a long time since I moved out of Yulin, maybe they have changed the chef.

Participant

Gutted like empty, there was nothing there but a demolition crew. It’s either changing owners or being remodeled.

Participant

It’s under renovation, now they have a branch called 天添烤鸭, at the other side of the street.

Participant

Oh yeah, I went to the roast duck place about a year ago, maybe I should check it out again.

Participant

I haven’t tried the new restaurant yet, I should check it out also

For Korean there is a hole-in-the wall, but always busy restaurant on the first floor, left from the road, towards the back near the whatever its called department store in the old Roman Plaza Square. Its across from the Korean BBQ place. Foods good and cheap but don’t be surprised if you see some critters scurrying around like all these old run down Euro-style plazas.

I think this is it approximately: About where I’m talking about

Participant

Also for cheap BBQ, along the lines of Wes, though not Korea, theres a place up the 2nd floor where the Pug is located. How Cheap? 40RMB cheap enough for one person? Unlimited meat and veggies! Great for groups to pig out. Now out where i am in the country, it goes down to 22RMB per person… 🙂

Participant

I love the Korean please at Roman Plaza!

If anyone needs help getting there via taxi, you can tell them:

Gao Sheng Qiao ne bian de Luo Ma Jia Re Guang Chang

Participant

I just had the best meal I ever had in Chengdu a few days ago in a Tibetan restaurant across the street from the entrance to the Wuhouci park next to Jinli Street. It’s called 阿热藏餐吧 A’Re Tibetan Restaurant.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I just had the best meal I ever had in Chengdu a few days ago in a Tibetan restaurant across the street from the entrance to the Wuhouci park next to Jinli Street. It’s called 阿热藏餐吧 A’Re Tibetan Restaurant.

Wow, I will seek that place out!

Participant

Shu Jiou Xiang (蜀九香)hotpot at Yulin.

Participant

Hope you like A’Re!

Yak and Pickled Carrots – very tasty

SANY0044-S.jpg

This chicken dish looks just normal but it was AMAZING!

SANY0045-S.jpg

This meat pie was a bit bland but when you combine it with their hot sauce it was out of this world.

IMG5283-S.jpg

My friend’s favorite dish here is 牛肉盖饼. I have to try that next. I tried it today at another restaurant and its kinda like beef fajitas.

Participant

As a followup… I just went back to A’re to try the 牛肉盖饼 but it wasn’t all that.

Participant

Whats the sushi place opp The Shamrock called?

Quote:
    Whats the sushi place opp The Shamrock called?

I don’t know but that place is great. Another Sushi/Japanese restaurant worth a mention is the place I also don’t know the name of on the 9th floor of Chicony mall. It’s an all you can eat menu with a huge number of dishes available. The food is all top notch.

Participant

The one opposite Shamrock is incredible. I think it’s called He feng?

The 小笼汤包 place right below that is pretty good for soup dumplings.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.