Chengdu to Build $11 Billion Airport

HomeForumsIn ChengduChengdu to Build $11 Billion Airport

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

When I pick up people coming from overseas at the airport in Chengdu they always say “Wow, this airport is much, much more grand than I imagined.”

This new one will apparently blow that away: Chengdu Plans New $11 Billion Airport

Chengdu: moving past $10 billion airports and into the future.

Participant

upon its completion in 2025

I’ll look forward to checking it out in over a decade.

The cost is the same as a 400mile stretch of Hyperloop. 😛 Musk is going to build a trial track of that m’fer, sounds far more interesting!!!

Participant

Spending $11 Billion to not even expand? Sweet deal for the construction firms. I thought they were at least pretending to work on the whole corruption thing.

“The new Chengdu facility will have three runways, capable of handling 40 million passengers upon its completion in 2025, according to the paper.

…..

It could reach its designed capacity of 40 million as early as next year, according to some estimates.

Keymaster

I’ll look forward to checking it out in over a decade. The cost is the same as a 400mile stretch of Hyperloop. :P Musk is going to build a trial track of that m’fer, sounds far more interesting!!!

For sure, I think that makes this interesting is not as much that they’re building a new airport but the ungodly sum of money that they are committing to this.

Spending $11 Billion to not even expand? Sweet deal for the construction firms. I thought they were at least pretending to work on the whole corruption thing.

Hahahah. The way I read it, I thought that it would double capacity, along with the current two terminals. But even doubling capacity at the cost of $11 billion sounds like a lot.

Participant

Is this the same airport that is being built in Jianyang?

I hope they get the same guys on this that built Global Centre…

Tony Montana will be touching down on marble runways.

Blimp

Keymaster

I hope they get the same guys on this that built Global Centre… Tony Montana will be touching down on marble runways.

Hahaha. That’s a great image to sum up the entire sentiment of the Global Center. When I stepped inside the Global Center for the first time and saw everything gold and marble, my first thought was that it looked like the most expensive symptom of an insecurity complex that I had ever seen.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.