Chengdu Urban Planning Center

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Urban Planning Center

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I just wanted to drop this here before I familiarize myself with ‘Chengdu Places’.

I highly recommend visiting the recently openend Chengdu Urban Planning Center which has a permanent exhibition currently on two floors showing the history and future of urban development in Chengdu. This is not only for architects and urban planners. But its good to speak Chinese or have a Chinese speaking person with you when visiting

Find it here:

????? – Chengdu Urban Planning Center

on Jinhui Dong Yi Lu, corner of Anyuan Lu

People may know the Urban Planning Centers of Shanghai, Beijing or maybe even Chongqing.

Chengdu is now trying to do excactly the same.

The exhibition is filled with tons of models and most prominently a scale 1/1000 model of Chengdu which measures a massive 20×30 meters and has a 30m led screen in its back which frequently plays a bombastic (well simply Chinese I guess) presentation.

It is highly informative despite the occasional pathos.

I was most shocked seeing the current metro network as compared to the network in 2020. They will add 7 more lines in the coming 8 years.

Two images below:

The entry lobby (which has a ‘foreword’!)

The city model with the presentation screen in the back. The size is hard to guess from the image. It needs to be experienced.

cdp.jpg

cdp2.jpg

Keymaster

Thanks for posting this info, I can’t wait to check this place out.

Quote:
    The exhibition is filled with tons of models and most prominently a scale 1/1000 model of Chengdu which measures a massive 20×30 meters and has a 30m led screen in its back

I really want to see this!

Participant
    Quote:
    I really want to see this!

me too. I’m super curious of how all the ongoing projects will pan out over time and what the final goal of it all will be.

Thanks for posting!

Participant

Yes its a very nice place to get an idea of growing chengdu. Like steeveyo said U need to take with you a Chinese friend to translate.

Its a very interesting building itself as well 😉 Now only a part of the building is completed and there is still work going on to enlarge the whole gallery.

Definitely worth spending some time there.

Participant

Im also very interested.. We should put a group together and go!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.