China-based Web Host

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChina-based Web Host

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m thinking of launching a new website.

It has to be fast and easy to access for people living in China. People outside of China would not be interested in this website. So I’m thinking it’s probably better to go with a Chinese hosting company, but I don’t know any.

Does anybody know which one’s are reliable and fairly priced?

Keymaster

I’ve only used domestic hosting once, but it didn’t go well. Despite the obvious geographic issue of servers being located overseas, I don’t think speed will be much of an issue if go with a high quality host (Hostgator, Dreamhost, Media Temple, etc).

Here’s a fairly reputable host in China: SinaHosting.net. Unfortunately I’m not too knowledgeable on which hosts in China are best, maybe someone else will chime in.

To operate a website in China you need an ICP license. Much easier to go with a quality overseas host.

ok, thanks for the info

I came accross a promo for Dreamhost, only $3.95 a month. So that will most likely be the one

I agree with ben, it’s much easier to go with a quality overseas webhosting company. Shop around and see which one suits your needs the best. I’m personally with IX webhosting at the moment which you could look into.

Keymaster

It’s the same deal with registering a domain in China (Why Registering a .CN Domain Really Sucks).. You’re much better off going with someone overseas to get your site online.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.