China Brings Us Propaganda Rap

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChina Brings Us Propaganda Rap

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36670095

This is great.

A rap song in English aiming to tell foreigners “the truth” about China has been released by a faction of the Chinese Communist Party.

This is China was posted onto micro-blogging site Weibo on Tuesday by China’s Communist Youth League and has been shared more than 40,000 times.

It features a mix of traditional Chinese elements against modern rap.
    It says China has “terrible problems” but is peace-loving, affluent and at the forefront of scientific research.

The song says China is big, developing and ‘hard to manage’
    The song opens by saying that it wants to “restore the impression you have on my country, China”, saying a false image had been fabricated by the international media.

It then explains that China is a “developing country and is really hard to manage”, and acknowledges the many incidences the country has gone through, such as the 2008 Chinese milk scandal, where dairy products were found tainted with melamine.

However, its chorus concludes that its people still “love the country”.

Keymaster

I heard that this “rapper” is from Chengdu – the last few days I’ve been trying to determine his identity. Asked local rappers, no one seems to know who he is. People who have been involved with hip hop here for a decade: no one knows who this is, apparently.

I gotta say though, this is truly awful music. This rappers discomfort expressing himself in English is all over the track, he has the flow of a 2 year old finding his first steps.

Chi-phenomena…

Participant

propaganda? Based on your post, they haven’t lied at all. Compared to the USA, it’s nothing.

Keymaster

propaganda? Based on your post, they haven’t lied at all. Compared to the USA, it’s nothing.

The video was released by China’s Communist Youth League. Do you see the White House releasing pro-U.S. policy rap videos pretending to be the voice of youth culture?

Participant

Haha, dang. USA propaganda is far more intelligent than using rap videos. The CIA has been working on it for decades. Just an example:

Consider the deadliest month in the Iraq war, when most civilians and soldiers were killed. Do you know what the media was reporting? Michael Jackson’s death for 6 months or more. That’s a more elevated form of propaganda. I really don’t feel the need to explain this garbage to people who don’t want to know. You’re gonna have to figure it out yourself. Oh, and by the way, two tanks of jet fuel can drop over a million tons of steel at the speed of gravity. Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid bro.

Keymaster

USA propaganda is far more intelligent than using rap videos. The CIA has been working on it for decades.

Thank you Captain Obvious

Consider the deadliest month in the Iraq war, when most civilians and soldiers were killed. Do you know what the media was reporting? Michael Jackson’s death for 6 months or more.

Yeah, because Michael Jackson dying was a huge deal, of course they were talking about that for a long time. When he died there were so many people searching for information that Google thought they were under attack.

I really don’t feel the need to explain this garbage to people who don’t want to know.

I am glad for that. Please do not feel the need to explain anything.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.