China Street Photography

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChina Street Photography

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I know many of you enjoy taking photos of your life in China, either as a visitor or as an expat living here. Personally I live over in Xi’an, and run a photography website.

I’ve produced 5 top tips for producing your own great China street photos. Tell me if you agree with these:

http://www.photographydock.com/china-street-photography/

Dave.

Participant

Actually I have just won JPG Magazine’s photo of the week.

http://jpgmag.com/live/photo-of-the-week-2/

Participant

Actually I have just won JPG Magazine’s photo of the week. http://jpgmag.com/live/photo-of-the-week-2/

Great shot Ian. The smoke is really well captured, and it’s a nicely balanced photo too.

A well deserved win.

Participant

Thx Dave

Keymaster

Neat blog post. I would say one of the things that makes China great for street photography is not only the surreal scenes you see (the obvious disparity in particular) but the willingness of people on the street to interact with foreigners. Makes it really easy to engage with people.

I have a bunch of photos from this summer but here are a few since we are sharing:

Participant

I like your tips, though I do think they apply to pretty much anywhere in the world.   They’re all pretty general subjects to photograph.    For street photography in China, I think we’re all lucky.   Most Chinese don’t lose their cool at a camera, yet they still do change their composure.  Avoiding this is the real challenge.

Participant

Dave do you know if the photography group is still going?

Participant

Ian, which group are you referring to in particular?

Participant

The one that was meeting in bookworm

Keymaster

It has never been a regular thing. It’s been on and off for years. It would be great if someone organized a photography group that lasted more than a few months.

Participant

It has never been a regular thing. It’s been on and off for years. It would be great if someone organized a photography group that lasted more than a few months.

Sorry for the very late reply, wasn’t aware anyone was still writing here.

I didn’t know there was a photography group here to be honest. I would love to consider starting one up myself – but I am about to leave Xi’an at the end of this month. 🙁

Anything like that available in Chengdu?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.