China Visas, and the seemingly endless labyrinth…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChina Visas, and the seemingly endless labyrinth…

• This topic has 33 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

The health check certificate is only vaild for 6 months from the day it is done.

Participant

Dang, looks like I’m off to Tongzilin too, then.

Participant

I had a health screening in China in June, then my company took me to get another one done when I arrived in Chengdu in August. So even though they say 6 months some employers still want you to do it here in Chengdu.

Protip: for the sketchiest experience of your life, stay at the Chungking Mansion in Kowloon.

Holy

shit.

Quote:
    @Danielle I don’t know why your health inspection isn’t valid, but I have to get one done tomorrow in Tongzilin. I’ll post info about that after I get it.

You will have had a blast in this place, it’s like a comical nightmare, with the added feel of horror hospital thrown in for laughs. Crooked as a communist’s paycheck!!

Quote:
    Protip: for the sketchiest experience of your life, stay at the Chungking Mansion in Kowloon.

Am I missing the connection?

Participant

chunking mansion is the classiest joint for a visa run! don’t be a hater. i’m going back to HK on sunday but i am gonna try to track down an old chengdu expat friend and crash on his floor.

Participant
    Quote:
    You will have had a blast in this place, it’s like a comical nightmare, with the added feel of horror hospital thrown in for laughs. Crooked as a communist’s paycheck!!

What specifically was so bad? Can’t be as terrible as the one I did in Hangzhou, got yelled at as I had to have numerous goes with the urine sample: first time I got performance anxiety, second time cup fell in toilet and third time wasn’t enough. Never again.

Just reporting my lovely health inspection experience this morning at the Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

I was told to get there early and that was probably good advice. Got there at 9am and it was already pretty packed, though the lines for what I needed to get done were relatively short.

There was a small podium on the right of the entrance where a lady handed me the appropriate form to fill out. Went up to the “Consultation” desk with my passport and 3 2″ photos ready. Paid 411RMB. It went over smoothly but they didn’t tell me where I needed to go until I asked… which was the trend of the entire visit.

I probably had to go to 10 different rooms distributed among 3 floors. After each examination I had to ask where to go next, but they were pretty clear giving me the room numbers, some that were wrong but close enough. Pee in a cup on the 2nd floor, drop it off, get blood drawn (should fast for this), head up to 3rd floor for vision, ECG, “gynaecology” room D: (they rubbed some cold metal instruments on my stomach), and misc exams, back to 1 floor for XRay. Back to the lady at the podium for a receipt. I go back on Monday to pick up my results

Oh and you also get a free milk.

Quote:
    Just reporting my lovely health inspection experience this morning at the Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

Sounds about right… I really dug how my piss cup got placed on a tray with all the other (open) piss cups, and especially liked the eye doctor who smoked through my eye exam!!

Participant

In other news, I apparently have been an illegal immigrant in China for over 2 months, at a 500RMB fine a day. Luckily there is a maximum penalty of 5000RMB. FML.

Keymaster

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Eli went through the same thing a few years ago.

Participant

So, I am getting an X visa and my current L expires on Wednesday. I entered the country on Sept 15, 2011 and my X visa will expire August 16, 2012. I called the PSB to check about the health cert and they said because my duration of stay in China will be less than 1 year (from when I’ve entered til my X visa expiry next summer), I don’t need the health check. Is this some new regulation, or does has anyone experienced this before? I was excited to save $$$ and not get the check but now I’m worried the PSB lady was confused, or misunderstood me, or something to that effect and I’ll be told that I need to get it done etc.

Follow up to this is – is it possible to get rush service on health check results… ie same or next day? Am a huge boffin for leaving this til the last minute and thinking I could cruise by no problem but I’m really worried now. 🙁

Participant

Just a follow up on my experience – it turns out you DON’T need a health check for a student visa if you’re in China for less than 1 year/. Hurray

Participant

Spared the needle, the dreadful needle….

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.