Chinese People Are Too Clever!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese People Are Too Clever!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have been make somethings, handmade items and sell it at a handmade website.

I have spend so many hours to make these things, no time for cooking, no time for sleeping, no time for go park. so tired, i been doing this for almost one year.

But when i put those items at website, i suddenly find out, WOW~~~~

Those smart Chinese,  they just buy a item from Taobao and resell it ,they use cheaper price, very good business, only few month they already have few hundrend order…

I fell i am  like a fool .really! why i spend a week make something? when somebody easly buy one thing and resell it.

Although i have noticed website says this is not allowed if sell things not your handmade stuff. Report item or shop to website doing nothing. There are so many items on website, who have energy to check those guys, if you don’t allowed they resell this item ,they can resell other, who have energy to check?

This is really make me upset, those smart Chinese, they don’t care about any rules, they only want one thing, that is money! For money, they can do anything.

Others who play game by rules like a fool.

Do i need stop doing this handmade craft  things, or do i need find out something easer?

Only now i find out one thing is they got money, i got skill, when they earn money i have earn skill, one year finish , my skill have been much much better than first day! If i keep doing it, next year, or five years later, who is winer ? who knows?

And i was improve my design too, i am studying and learning,  when they earn money, i got sth coming in the future.

So now i am a fool, when others don’t play by rules,  i am still follow that rules.

:p

Participant

What exactly is it that you’re making?

Participant

Sure TAOBAO have many cheap thing, but for quality? It goes with the price. And resell cheap stuff from TAOBAO is not a new thing. But normally people in chengdu buy things from HeHuaChi(a market sell all kinds of thing, now is been removed from map) and sell it on TAOBAO, I think this is how retail works, you should just change the view for marketing, the value is on 100% handmade, maybe just sell it a price that worth,  people know the real value will buy it, if you try to compete with the cheap one, it won’t work out, even make you feel worse.

And about rules, as a Chinese, In my opinion, rules only work out in a transparent environment. Lots of place in China are not transparent. Don’t put much hope on it. 🙂

Participant

@Mr.klink

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KKAIBRIDE?ref=si_shop

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SaiLinKaHandmade?ref=si_shop

This is two shop i have, i will made more stuff , when time goes on, i believe my finger will be more clever.

@Alexander

Sure buying things and resell it is right, this is marketing, i understand that, but this website have rule,which is here</span>

https://www.etsy.com/help/article/4507

When website says “do not!” but here have so many Chinese they will pretend they don’t understand these English words.

the shoes i make really will take me whole 3 days, and no time for eating lunch. but next person will just take one picture from taobao and resell it ….

This is unfair game. When player don’t follow rule, i will fell very confuse.

give you a example

https://www.etsy.com/listing/160821748/2013-white-lace-bridal-shoes-unique?ref=sr_gallery_31&ga_search_query=lace+wedding+shoes&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=lace+wedding+shoes

http://www.etsy.com/listing/154756779/perfect-white-lace-flower-pearls-floral?ref=sr_gallery_35&ga_search_query=lace+wedding+shoes&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all

http://www.etsy.com/listing/157894385/2013-white-lace-wedding-shoesunique?ref=sr_gallery_35&ga_search_query=lace+wedding+shoes&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

These shops all have same items, and they buy it from ALIBABA

I only can smile, really! When i saw those cheating~~

But language behind these smile is “i have no words to say”

This is very ugly behavour, very ugly!

I already know what kind of situation i have, but i don’t give up. Like i said they got money, i got improve skill, the skill will grow, when i keep doing it, the design will be improve too.

They can’t laugh any more longer, because they just simply buy and sell, but more and more Chinese will joing them ,more competition, finlly! lower price! more lower price , more~~more ~~more ~~

When there is no any benefit, when they already can’t find out more beautiful items to resell.

You know what is biggest weak point for those guys?

The factory can’t offer them enough new good products. the ALIBABA can’t find out new good wedding lace shoes for next week, next month. ALIBABA is do wholesale, so they will not have very quick speed for new design shoes.

I think i am not lost anything, i just taking my time learning,  when i know how to make all these stuff, when i know how to design .when i start hiring people working for me.when that days comeing , i am not afraid them anymore.

Participant

…not sure if “clever” is the correct translation….

Participant

Sarcasm is my meaning.

Participant

It’s very beautiful the stuff you made. And this is what people call <span style=”background-color: #ffffff; color: #444444; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16px;”>suicide economy. For example, when search a thing on TAOBAO you will find all the stuff are using same photo, and people will naturally go check the cheapest one first, or the most popular one or one had a good sales number (which could just be a fake number made by people who’s work is to increase your sales number but you need to pay them) . It happens everywhere industry in china, even in mobile app field. A truth is things on TAOBAO is not cheaper than a local retailer </span><span style=”background-color: #ffffff; color: #444444; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16px;”>sometimes</span><span style=”background-color: #ffffff; color: #444444; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 16px;”>. </span>

And try to take this reality of china, cause people are losing faith or don’t have one, at the same time “The Company” is try to stuff “China dream” in their mind, which didn’t work at all. If your goods are the good deal,  the copy one won’t win.

How could these shoes sell for 200 more USD! if they buy it from ALIBABA they made a huge profit!

Participant

haven’t seen anyone who is so crazy as you for a long time.  Whether your goods sells has no direct relation whether the other are reselling other stuffs, i believe.   it happens everywhere in this world, it is just buy and sell.   those resell other stuffs is actually selling also their time and services for the buyer.  as a buyer, you have 100% right and freedom to go search for the original maker or the cheapest if you had the time and are willing to to do so.

Also, what’s wrong and how ugly it is to have different sellers for an item from the same supplier?  when you sell your item, are you going to make a rule that whoever buying cannot resell ?  and there is always only one single seller/buyer is allowed?

Crazy loser.

Participant

@Alexander

You know what, i already report it to etsy, if they don’t do anything, i will do one thing , which is i will put same picture at my shop. but same price as ALIBABA plus shipping price.

😛

Participant

@Alexander

etsy is some website for  hanemade !

The website have rule for that!

<ul style=”margin: 16px 0px 16px 20px; padding: 0px; color: #7d7773; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14.399999618530273px; line-height: 21px; background-color: #ffffff;”>
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px;”>Do not resell items in our Handmade category.
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px;”>Describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop.
    <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px;”>If you work with an outside manufacturer to make items that you have designed, we ask that you share additional information with Etsy and share information about the manufacturers you work with on your shop and listings. We also expect that you choose ethical manufacturing partners.”

The rule said you can’t just buy others goos and sell it .

How they affect me? they can just use cheape price, when i use one week, they use 1 mintuets, how i do business?

I am not loser, i earn every penny by my hand, not like those people who don’t have brain only have money!

Participant

you are actually the one who are “too clever”  if you knew within 1 minute, people can find something that worth the same or more of what you have spent one week to make and you are still doing it.

Participant

you are actually the one who are “too clever” if you knew within 1 minute, people can find something that worth the same or more of what you have spent one week to make and you are still doing it.

If you talking about  money .

I even don’t think they will really win. reason i already give before.

Participant

<span style=”font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 22px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”> @</span>Alexander

<span style=”font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 22px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>”A truth is things on TAOBAO is not cheaper than a local retailer “.</span>

<span style=”font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 22px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>This is very tuue, i been hehuachi(????so many times, all the wholesale market in Chengdu  i know them very well.</span>

plus shipping price, it’s not really cheap on TAobao. And more fake picture ,more low quearlitu dreess, when i saw a beautiful young girl on street wear something very clear she must  buy it from Taobao, so cheap material, more like a joke than a skirt, i am really want to laugh!

When just want money, joke will come out later.

Participant

@ng so fan
    Maybe you’re not getting it – it seems it’s not just a market place but advertises to be a marketplace for handmade items, which would imply all the stuff on there is handmade (hence the rules), not mass produced by machines or factories, “handicrafts” one could say. I think Linka is upset not that people are selling handmade crafts for cheaper price that look like hers – but that they aren’t actually selling handmade crafts…………..they’re faking it, and profiting off of it, which is also cutting into her potential business to sell. Get it?

It’s a fair complaint. Other people are falsely advertising their goods and she’s potentially losing sales as a result. She should be complaining and notifying the company, because surely “etsy” does care about it’s reputation, and if everyone finds out their “handmade goods site” or whatever is full of alibaba spammed bullshit, why would they go there instead of taobao and get something ‘mass produced’ for a cheaper labelled mass produced price.

Then again maybe I misunderstood everything too. 😀

Participant

Thank you!

Rick !Yes, this is what i am trying say here.

😛

Participant

I understood that and it is fair that one can complaint to the site operator for others have broken the rule.  However, why people are willing to pay more to buy handicrafts/original stuffs? it is not about how many work hours one have put into it or how many lunches one have skipped to have it made, it is all about its uniqueness, its design, its workmanship that cannot be found in mass production.  if you arent at that level, it is also fair to be beaten.

Participant

Fan, with your thinking you kill the market of the handicraft… a product if made by hand must to be more expensive than an industrial product. Sure the price must to be justified at quality of product…
    Anyway like Rick said:

I think Linka is upset not that people are selling handmade crafts for cheaper price that look like hers – but that they aren’t actually selling handmade crafts… they’re faking it, and profiting off of it, which is also cutting into her potential business to sell. Get it?

Participant

🙂 as about how much it worths, it is decided by the market, if you see the no of sales it had, it already gave you the answer.  This is not a special item at all, also if you looked what is being posted as from Alibaba, you cant say it is not handmade.  It is also handmade.  only not by the hand of the one who posted it.   I am just trying to say for such a common product, will you spend so much time to make and dream to sell at good price? you may try.

Linka the short answer is find a way to do what you want to do. You can’t always control what others will do, especially in China with so many people looking to raise their living standards. If you’re passionate about making these things by hand, look at how you can improve on it and focus less on things you can’t easily control.

Participant

@Brendan

Thank you! Yes you are very much  right, i should focus on things i really interested, improve myself  is more important than anything else.

I will ~~

🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.