Chinese Language & Culture Facilitators Needed

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsChinese Language & Culture Facilitators Needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

因2011年暑期培训需要, 我们拟聘请短期全职语言文化老师.

工作地点:成都, 提供培训.

We are seeking Language/Culture Facilitators for 2011 summer training in Chengdu.

Position Summary

Contract time includes three periods: weekends of May, June 24-26, and July 2-August 26.

Please be sure you can commit to these periods.

The Language/Culture Facilitator (LCF) works closely with other training staff to design, implement, and evaluate a professional training program. The language and culture training aim to develop effective Mandarin spoken skills, culture and cross culture integrating skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for Trainees to work effectively in their future project assignments. In a designated training site, with a group of 5-6 Trainees, the LCF provides formal and informal instruction to Trainees on a daily basis using a variety of communicative approaches.

Qualifications and Requirements

•Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin

•Good command of oral English.

•Good knowledge of Chinese culture and history.

•A bachelor’s degree or higher.

•Experience working with Americans or other foreigners.

•Experience in teaching foreigners Chinese.

•At least two years’ experience in the duties and responsibilities described above.

•An ability to work with a diverse group in an effective and harmonious manner.

•An ability to work within a strict time frame (i.e. punctuality).

•Openness to new methods and different opinions, and willingness to face challenges.

•A tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to adapt and change when necessary.

To apply, qualified persons must send

•A cover letter in English, describing their qualifications and reasons for applying for the position.

•A resume (curriculum vitae) in English and Chinese, with relevant educational and work experience and names of three professional references.

The candidate must commit to the entire contracted period.

Application materials should be sent (pick one)

•By fax to: U.S.–China Friendship Volunteers at 028-8541-2997, ATTN: PST LCF

•By post to: U.S.–China Friendship Volunteers, Sichuan University, BOX 278, Wang Jiang Road No. 29, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610064.

•By email to: [email protected]

Deadline for receiving applications: April 22, 2011.

We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information so that you can be easily reached (e-mail, phone, mobile, etc.)

请在2011年4月22日前将申请信和简历送至(任选一种):

•传真:028-8541-2997

•邮寄:美中友好志愿者办公室,四川大学 278信箱,望江路29号。邮编610064

•电子邮箱:[email protected]

请在申请信中注明申请职位。谢绝来访。我们将与初选合格者联系面试事宜。

You write half a novel, but without indicating any salary or compensation range 😀

Keymaster

No kidding, I had to read a lot of this just to determine whether or not it is spam since it’s written in such a roundabout way. It looks like a job for a Chinese person, teaching English to foreigners.

I have friends worked with this organization few years ago. The compensation range was very low and it is a short term job, more like a volunteer thing. However,it’s not a bad experience for college Chinese students in English or Teaching Chinese as a foreign language major. My friend had taught overseas students to learn chinese for that job. I think they need a Chinese person to do some coordination and management work or be a Chinese language teacher for their short-term culture exchange event. I am not sure this is the right place to look for the person they want.

Participant

i am a sophomore in a language university,and i study english.i wanna find a part-time job in the summer vacation.it’s about 7/8 to 20/8.so i wanna know do u still lack some helpers.waiting for ur answer.

There is a phonenumber. Call them =D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.