Chinese Netizens Comment on Obama Election

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese Netizens Comment on Obama Election

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

From http://www.huanqiu.com:

1.谁当都一样 ,对中国都不会好.

whoever won, he will not be nice to china

2.美国人民进行了自己的权利表达,中国人民也需要自己的自由表达,希望这一天早日到来.

America has the right to vote, chinese need the same thing, hope that day will come soon.

3.美国政治已被其庞大军工集团绑架,为了武器销售,无论谁上台,这个世界也不会安宁.

The USA goverment has been abducted by war industry, whoever won, for promoting weapon sales, they are never gonna let the world live in peace.

4.太不容易了,还是中国小习高兴,不要选内定得了.

It’s not easy to be a president, compared to Obama, Junior Xi must be so happy, he doesn’t have to campaign.

5.叙利亚的军事解决时机已到,之前奥巴马不敢瞎搞就是怕自己不能连任.

It’s time to use military way to settle Syrian chaos, Obama dare not mess around like before, because he is afraid that he can not be re-elected.

6.还是希望奥巴马获胜,共和党那帮人太敌视中国了

Still hope Obama wins, the Republican gang is too hostile to China

7.我更愿意罗姆尼当选,因为奥巴马太过聪明。罗姆尼实为纸上谈兵

I would prefer if Romney was elected because Obama is too smart. Romney is actually a paper tiger.

8.恭喜奥巴马,一个平民出身的总统,一个曾经被欺凌和压迫的肤色的总统,相信我们的能和你打好交道Congratulations Obama , a president begins as a civilian, a once-bullied President, I believe we can get along

Refered from 网易

1.送过去一亿人,省得中国人太多了,不要三个月就把他们吃垮了

Sent a million people over, eatting the USA to break.

2.奥巴马,我很喜欢你,恭喜你连任。但我还是希望你在接下来的4年里,管好你们美国自己的事情,别再干涉其他国家的政事了。劝你们不要在和小日本狼狈为奸了。小编,你要是再删我贴的话,小心我问候你老婆.

Obama, I really like you, congratulations on your re-election. But I still hope that in the next four years you manage your own business, do not interfere in the political affairs of other countries. And don’t work with filthy Japanese. Hey Junior Editor, do not delete my post or I will pay your pretty wife a visit.

3.人民币在快速升值顶你奥巴马,别忘了回报中国啊!

The RMB hit a record high in trading recently, do not forget to repay China, Obama!

4.虽然奥巴马有时会吊儿郎当的,其实奥巴马还是一位不错的总统

Although Obama is sometimes slovenly, he is still a good president

Keymaster

Thanks for posting this, it is interesting to hear what Chinese people think about the election.

Although I haven’t heard many Chinese people talking about the election, the people who I have spoken to seem to like Obama more than Romney. Which makes a lot of sense to me since Romney always seems to take such a tough position on China.

Sascha posted this on Facebook today, I found it very surprising: Entire Planet Supports Obama, Except China

I’d be interested to hear what Chinese people on the forum think about Obama’s re-election.

Participant

I’m not Chinese, but it’s a great day for America, really proud of Obama’s perseverance despite the Republicans’ never ending “Bullshit Mountain” efforts. He got a lot done in the first 4 years, despite the critics pounding him on the things he didn’t do. History suggests he’ll be able to accomplish even more in the next 4.

As far as the Chinese comments above are concerned, most of them are about as well informed as FOX News. The bottom line is the entire world is much better off with Obama in charge. We’re out of Iraq, Osama is dead, and I firmly believe we’d pull out of Afghanistan if it was plausible. I don’t believe Obama has unilaterally initiated any other wars like his predecessor was/is so famous for.

I’m sure I’ll take some backlash for my comments, but that’s what the forum is for

Participant

Surprise surprise surprise.

The Chinese I talked to did not seem to like Romney more. I wonder who were the Chinese sampled? And what was the sample size?

As a chinese who has been living in US for 5y, I will never vote for Obama. Look at the economy crisis in China right now, how many factories have been closed up because of no orders from US? How many companies have moved out of China? look at the RMB to Dollars a few days ago, Scary!!The pool will dry out if no much money put in.

Participant

The reasons I do not like Romney

1. Toooo much criticism on my country which is unfair and ridiculous to Americian people and the rest of the world as well.

If the RMB is forced to hit another record, you can get extra benefit from our exports. However, can U.S people abide the 10% ~ 20% rising prices of daily necessities ?

Actually, he just pretended to be tough on China. Nobody believes that he will take actual action on China, the so-called “currency manipulator”. He is a poser.

You know, there is no need to be friends with U.S ( we often call them our “good partner”). But, we can not be enemies.

2. Represent the gentry, white, the sort of vested interests & big brother. By the way, Obama looks like much more apporachable than Romney (∩_∩)

As the Mom of an American, I wouldn’t vote for Romney either. He is king of the 1%.

Participant
    Quote:
    Sascha posted this on Facebook today, I found it very surprising: Entire Planet Supports Obama, Except China

I prefer the BBC version, where it’s everyone except Pakistan who prefers Obama. Makes more sense too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20008687

Participant

I do believe that running a country is different than running a business. Some people believed that it was Romney’s economic advisers who cost him the election. Columbia business school dean Glenn Hubbard is too much of a skeptic on China trade, and he was misguided when he advocated policies that would increase demand for housing at a time when markets were calling for less investment in the sector. Harvard economist Greg Mankiw supported a cheaper dollar, a policy that is damaging to Americans’ efforts to save and invest. American Enterprise Institute economist Kevin Hassett supported a misguided work-sharing idea where companies would reduce hours for some employees and create more jobs for others, missing the point that job creation comes from expanded investment, rather than slicing a finite pie.

Participant

I am a Chinese, but i can’t represent China, just represent myself. Personally, i prefer Obama, cuz he has a talent of making speeches.

But that’s all, just for speeches, not politics. I don’t know much about politics, and don’t care. If i have to say somthing about politics, I would say politicians are all liars. And China’s politicians/liars even don’t need to cover the fact that they are lying. I pay more attention to the China goverment than US, but it makes me upset.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    But that’s all, just for speeches, not politics. I don’t know much about politics, and don’t care. If i have to say somthing about politics, I would say politicians are all liars. And China’s politicians/liars even don’t need to cover the fact that they are lying. I pay more attention to the China goverment than US, but it makes me upset.

I basically feel the same way as you. Obama is obviously an incredibly brilliant and charismatic person. He’s controlled by corporate interests though, like every other president since JFK. The military industrial complex, the prison complex, the drug war, the pharmaceutical industry, etc. We’ll see what happens in his second term but I have low expectations.

Also, I saw this yesterday: Obama Re-Elected for Second Term, Chinese Netizen Reactions

Keymaster
    Quote:

I basically feel the same way as you. Obama is obviously an incredibly brilliant and charismatic person. He’s controlled by corporate interests though, like every other president since JFK. The military industrial complex, the prison complex, the drug war, the pharmaceutical industry, etc. We’ll see what happens in his second term but I have low expectations.

Also, I saw this yesterday: Obama Re-Elected for Second Term, Chinese Netizen Reactions

Participant
    Quote:

Ditto. I listened to the victory speech and foremost felt angry. Being detached from the fervor of the political process, the speech just sounded like bland rhetoric: increase volume, thank something that everyone values, crack joke, cue laughter, reflective pause, troops, pause, unity, increase volume, America’s great, troops, louder, America’s super fuckin’ great.

How can people buy this?

My expectations: increased militarization in the Pacific arena and not a single nod to those of us that live our lives out as genuine diplomats for the beloved Motherland.

Participant
    Quote:

Ditto. I listened to the victory speech and foremost felt angry. Being detached from the fervor of the political process, the speech just sounded like bland rhetoric: increase volume, thank something that everyone values, crack joke, cue laughter, reflective pause, troops, pause, unity, increase volume, America’s great, troops, louder, America’s super fuckin’ great.

How can people buy this?

My expectations: increased militarization in the Pacific arena and not a single nod to those of us that live our lives out as genuine diplomats for the beloved Motherland.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.