Chuanxindian Earthquake Site

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChuanxindian Earthquake Site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got a chance to check this place out this afternoon, have any of y’all been there before? It was a phosphor plant before it got rocked by the 2008 quake. Now it’s a memorial site that’s open to the public (free? we walked in w/o paying), and we were practically by ourselves on a Sunday afternoon. I probably could’ve spent hours wandering around and snapping pics but my hostess was pretty insistent on catching the bus back to Chengdu before the expressway closed. The place is pretty big @ 1.5 sq km and it’s pretty eerie to see the structures largely intact. Plus you get to see how fast nature has returned in 6 years and you’re in a valley with mountains on both sides. I’d recommend it if you’ve got an afternoon to spare…

Participant

Hmm I know I attached a pic but let’s try this again via FF

Keymaster

Never heard of but this sounds really cool. How far from Chengdu is it and how’d you get there?

Participant

It’s near Shifang which is about an hour north by bus. From Shifang we took a van ride ~30 minutes in the mountains and walked around Hongxia Valley area (the flags said ‘Ancient Town of Gaopingpu’) before stopping by the quake site on the way back to Shifang. Your best bet would be to arrange a ride from the bus station in Shifang.

My pics are all nearly 10mb so too big to attach. There’s a pic on tripadvisor that gives a good idea:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1152586-d1864837-Reviews-Earthquake_Site_of_Chuanxindian_Shifang-Shifang_Sichuan.html

Participant

The most ultimate capture the flag paintball arena EVAR. Blue Team Go!

It may also make an awesome halloween attraction with some adjustments to decor and pathway exclusion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.