Coming to ChengDu!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionComing to ChengDu!

• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoNeel.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone. Its great to see so many people hanging around here 🙂

I am an architect from India/ Milano and I am coming to chengdu soon, as I found an interesting job there. Obviously, I am excited and at the same time too much concerned about starting a new life there.

It would be very helpful if there are suggestions about things I need to be concerned about before coming there.

Hoping to hear something…

Have a nice day

Pardhu

Participant

Hey dude, welcome to CL.

Might be worthwile checking out topics like this one: What do you enjoy about living in Chengdu

It has all the stuff you want to read about I presume 🙂 Or you could browse the General Discussion topics for similar threads, it’s a fairly common question!

Participant

Hey dude, welcome to CL.

Might be worthwile checking out topics like this one: What do you enjoy about living in Chengdu

It has all the stuff you want to read about I presume 🙂 Or you could browse the General Discussion topics for similar threads, it’s a fairly common question!

Participant

Thanks Vincent. I went through the topics and found many interesting things. Most of them are very positive! I just want to be well informed to kick start a new life….im looking ahead for the adventure 😉

And one more thing! are there any Indian stores, restaurants and people in the city!?

Participant

Thanks Vincent. I went through the topics and found many interesting things. Most of them are very positive! I just want to be well informed to kick start a new life….im looking ahead for the adventure 😉

And one more thing! are there any Indian stores, restaurants and people in the city!?

Participant

I’ve seen Indian people around, but don’t know any of them 🙂

There are some Indian restaurants for sure, but I only know about Namaste:

http://www.morechengdu.com/venue/for-complete-food-listings-click-here/the-rest/venue-2251-open.html

Participant

I’ve seen Indian people around, but don’t know any of them 🙂

There are some Indian restaurants for sure, but I only know about Namaste:

http://www.morechengdu.com/venue/for-complete-food-listings-click-here/the-rest/venue-2251-open.html

Welcome to CL Pardhu, glad that you’ve noted positive majority posts here.

I’m in Property Development & Construction myself, and can tell you that Chengdu is definitely on the uptick in that field right now. Coincidentally I just this weekend met yet another foreign architect working in Chengdu, running his own firm Urban Hybrid Development. The next few years are guaranteed to see a steady rise in the scale of development in and out of the city, so you’re already looking in the right direction.

Good luck to you.

Welcome to CL Pardhu, glad that you’ve noted positive majority posts here.

I’m in Property Development & Construction myself, and can tell you that Chengdu is definitely on the uptick in that field right now. Coincidentally I just this weekend met yet another foreign architect working in Chengdu, running his own firm Urban Hybrid Development. The next few years are guaranteed to see a steady rise in the scale of development in and out of the city, so you’re already looking in the right direction.

Good luck to you.

Participant

There have atleast 3 India restaurants in CD. the one I had been is called 印度菜菜. The boss and chef is from India, my India friends they said food is a little bit diffrent as in Endia, but still very good India food.:)

address: 滨江中路19号附3、4号 (Number19.3-4 bing jiang road middle section)

number: (028)86670399

印度菜菜(科华北路店)

address:武侯区科华北路60号沸城1楼40-43号 Number60.kehua beilu road feicheng building first floor 40-34.

number: (028)-85210318

these are same resturants two branchs.

Participant

There have atleast 3 India restaurants in CD. the one I had been is called 印度菜菜. The boss and chef is from India, my India friends they said food is a little bit diffrent as in Endia, but still very good India food.:)

address: 滨江中路19号附3、4号 (Number19.3-4 bing jiang road middle section)

number: (028)86670399

印度菜菜(科华北路店)

address:武侯区科华北路60号沸城1楼40-43号 Number60.kehua beilu road feicheng building first floor 40-34.

number: (028)-85210318

these are same resturants two branchs.

Participant

There is even a cricket team that plays in the summer. You gotta be into cricket, right?

Participant

There is even a cricket team that plays in the summer. You gotta be into cricket, right?

Keymaster

Welcome to Chengdu! There’s a growing fraternity of foreign architects in town, I’m sure you’ll run into them eventually, but many of them are on here. If you need help with anything, just search around the forum or site, or ask if you don’t find it.

Keymaster

Welcome to Chengdu! There’s a growing fraternity of foreign architects in town, I’m sure you’ll run into them eventually, but many of them are on here. If you need help with anything, just search around the forum or site, or ask if you don’t find it.

Participant

Hello.

I’m sure there is also an Indian restaurant on a place called China Lane, or Wide Alley Narrow Alley, or Kuān Zhǎi Xiàngzi, or 宽窄巷子

They are all the same place of course -> you have this to look forward to.

Tan-door is also opposite the book worm, a place I guess you’ll visit sooner rather than later.

but like others mentioned, I think they are of so-so quality and value compared even to some of the other foreign restaurants let alone the local places.

I’m sure they cater for Chinese/Western tastes, not authentic.

I suspect there are visiting Indians on the software park, at least Wipro are there. though how you would contact them is another matter

You might consider learning to cook and bringing some herbs or spices from home as the weight/size to potential benefit ratio seems high. Some non Sichuan herbs can be quite tricky to get hold of here. And getting the best from local food might take a while.

If this is an option I/we could tell you what’s easy to get here and

whats not, if you want.

Participant

Hello.

I’m sure there is also an Indian restaurant on a place called China Lane, or Wide Alley Narrow Alley, or Kuān Zhǎi Xiàngzi, or 宽窄巷子

They are all the same place of course -> you have this to look forward to.

Tan-door is also opposite the book worm, a place I guess you’ll visit sooner rather than later.

but like others mentioned, I think they are of so-so quality and value compared even to some of the other foreign restaurants let alone the local places.

I’m sure they cater for Chinese/Western tastes, not authentic.

I suspect there are visiting Indians on the software park, at least Wipro are there. though how you would contact them is another matter

You might consider learning to cook and bringing some herbs or spices from home as the weight/size to potential benefit ratio seems high. Some non Sichuan herbs can be quite tricky to get hold of here. And getting the best from local food might take a while.

If this is an option I/we could tell you what’s easy to get here and

whats not, if you want.

Participant

A warm welcome already! Thanks everyone 😉

Its such a big relief to know that there is some indian flavor in the city!

@Brendon… Its good to hear something about our industry. Thanks man. I am hoping to work there at least for an year and then depending on the situation. Lets hope for the Best.

@Ray… Wohooo CRICKET! Im not a great player but who doesn’t play cricket in India! lol

@Brave Chengdu… Thanks for info and yes, living in europe for a couple of years taught me to cook and as far as I am able to find the right ingredients, I can survive hahaaaa… Please let me know if it occurs to you that I should bring with me from India.

Looking forward to be there!

Participant

A warm welcome already! Thanks everyone 😉

Its such a big relief to know that there is some indian flavor in the city!

@Brendon… Its good to hear something about our industry. Thanks man. I am hoping to work there at least for an year and then depending on the situation. Lets hope for the Best.

@Ray… Wohooo CRICKET! Im not a great player but who doesn’t play cricket in India! lol

@Brave Chengdu… Thanks for info and yes, living in europe for a couple of years taught me to cook and as far as I am able to find the right ingredients, I can survive hahaaaa… Please let me know if it occurs to you that I should bring with me from India.

Looking forward to be there!

Welcome to CD and CL! I’ve been here for only 2 months but have been to all the Indian restaurants listed on the weekly English magazines about local lifestyle and so forth. Not sure if I’d recommend a specific one in terms of flavor, but you can be sure to find the major ingredients and spices(basmati, atta, channa, different kinds of pulses,chilli pepper, black mustard seed, cumin, turmeric, ginger, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, and clove…) for making a nice meal. That said, bring some with you from India as well, it’d grant you a smooth start in a new city:)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.