Coming to ChengDu!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionComing to ChengDu!

• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoNeel.
Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Welcome to CD and CL! I’ve been here for only 2 months but have been to all the Indian restaurants listed on the weekly English magazines about local lifestyle and so forth. Not sure if I’d recommend a specific one in terms of flavor, but you can be sure to find the major ingredients and spices(basmati, atta, channa, different kinds of pulses,chilli pepper, black mustard seed, cumin, turmeric, ginger, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, and clove…) for making a nice meal. That said, bring some with you from India as well, it’d grant you a smooth start in a new city:)

@Mina C

Quote:
    find the major ingredients and spices(basmati, atta, channa, different kinds of pulses,chilli pepper, black mustard seed, cumin, turmeric, ginger, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, and clove…)

I have been here for 4 months and like Chinese food , but as i miss Indian food , i would like to cook sometimes , Can you tell me which supermarket can i find all this stuff?

Participant

At the 2nd ring road which crosses with Ren Min nan lu there is a Wang Fujin mall. At the first floor in the back is a big supermarket which sells a lot of spices. It’s slightly more expensive than Trustmart, but they have more choice.

Participant
    Quote:
    At the 2nd ring road which crosses with Ren Min nan lu there is a Wang Fujin mall. At the first floor in the back is a big supermarket

I’m interested in this, but I can’t picture this mall. I think 2nd and RenMinNan cross at the flyover at the Kempinski Hotel? but where’s the Wang Fujin mall?

Could you describe it on the map? http://g.co/maps/pqb99

“Metro” has a good selection of spices also. At least half of the ones that Manik Mahajan listed.

Participant

I’m so sorry, it’s NOT renmin nan lu, BUT kehua bei/middle road!!

hope this link works …. the link doesn’t quite work, but scroll to the right and you’ll see kehua middle road

On the map it says “Century Mart”

Actually i am more intrested in AAta (wheat flour) and Basmati Rice.

Participant
    Quote:
    I’m so sorry, it’s NOT renmin nan lu, BUT kehua bei/middle road!!

oh, not at all, I might have realized myself, I haven’t been to that mall since they refurbished. It used to be call BaiLian Tianfu mall before.

Thanks though, I’ll try.

http://g.co/maps/77kxy

Participant

cacaja is shit.

there is a place across from bookworm that authentic, but butt-hurtingly expensive.

Participant

Hi I am Aamir Khan from Pakistan and i just came to Chengdu for work. I just read your discussions and i m searching for cricket, if there is some one who play cricket please inform me, i also want to join, my mobile number is 13691485594

Participant

hey Aamir, I haven’t heard much about cricket, but much of the sports ‘scene’ is based around the Shamrock Pub, or there’s a British pub near blue Caribbean Square I think maybe has some sports stuff too, maybe try their websites?

Participant

Thanx alot for information Brave, i will go there and will check if i can find some thing interesting there

@Pardhu

Hello and namaste!

Good to see more fellow indians moving down to chengdu. I just got here a week ago! Any indian association or group in Chengdu?

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.