"Communist Tea House" in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn Chengdu"Communist Tea House" in Chengdu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’ve heard of an old tea house in Chengdu that’s famous for all it’s communist memorabilia and decoration, it’s a very old place and I’ve heard many people refer to it simply as “the communist tea house”, I know it’s somewhere in the shuangliu area near the airport, but I’ve been unable to get the proper address of the place, or it’s location on a map.

Does anyone know this place and know how to get there or the chinese address? Since I’ve heard the place might be demolished soon, I appreciate any help you could give me on finding this place, thanks!

Keymaster

Interesting… I have not heard of this place, but there are many Communist-themed restaurants in the city. There are a handful in Yulin alone, they are fun. The waiters and waitresses are all dressed in PLA uniforms. The first time you visit is surreal, it is a good experience to have.

Participant

I’ve seen these restaurants you mention, there used to be one near my apartment and there’s one on my way to work, but this tea house is a different thing altogether from what I’ve heard, apparently it’s a really old place, and much of their decoration stands exactly as it opened several years ago, but being this old means it’s meant to be destroyed sooner or later, someone even told me the current owner was trying to save the place by turning it into a museum, but no one can provide me an address on the place, which frustrates me to no end, because I really wanna see this place.

Keymaster

I searched on Baidu and found a few articles about the same place. Maybe this is what you’re looking for. Here and here.

Participant

Yeah this is the place! That’s awesome man, thanks a lot for these links!

Participant

Wow this place looks awesome. Has anyone been here yet that can describe it a bit?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.