Cookin' Chengdu Festival Oct 1/2

HomeForumsIn ChengduCookin' Chengdu Festival Oct 1/2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hemp House, Xiong Mao, Orange Bar, Morning Bar & Lan Town are proud to present:

4 different music areas, bands & DJs from Beijing, Shanghai & Chengdu, food stalls, tattoo parlour, 2nd hand market and many, many other things to keep you occupied. All in one of the coolest venues in Chengdu. This will be the place to be during the holidays!

Participant

This may be me being thick as it is early and I’ve been up since 6am but where is this? Is it at one of the venues at the top of the page?

Participant

More details to be announced on band line up next week.

Participant

This may be me being thick as it is early and I’ve been up since 6am but where is this? Is it at one of the venues at the top of the page?

It’s at  梵木艺术馆 , 金像寺艺术区 (Fanmate Art Museum, Jin Xiang Si Art Zone)

5 minutes from Wanda Plaza in the south east.

Participant

Great thanks

This promises to be the start of something very special for Chengdu, so make sure you make it out if you’re here for these dates.

Some of you will have had a sneak peek with me over the last few weeks, as location for ‘DIVISION’ art studio and gallery that myself and my partner will be opening this month. We are creating a space where all are welcome. Experimentation will be key, with many future projects already lining up. We will be open for this event, and if all goes to plan will be offering some very limited and exclusive hand pulled screen prints produced in house. Any forum members with a creative bent should come check us out in the gallery spaces above the main hall.

Forget East Music Park, this place will be the real deal.

Keymaster

Forget East Music Park, this place will be the real deal.

East Music what? Surburb Memory huh? Already forgotten about that place!

Participant

It’s not the easiest place to find unless you know the area I will make a map.

Participant

The road is really small and you could easily drive past it.  It’s a dirt road next to the traffic lights follow the road round and you will see lots of signs for 3D Printing.  Be careful it’s full of huge potholes.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=z3qibaZyRURc.k-0VkwuBgOy8

Participant

Brendan, I look forward to seeing it mate.

Ian, it really isn’t that difficult to find. For anyone travelling from the south.

1. Get on the 2nd ring road then turn right at wanda plaza

2. Go straight until you see the big brown sign for 嘉祥七中 (jia xiang no 7 middle school), then turn left onto chenhui road.

3. Turn right at the T junction at the end of the road (There is a huge brown sign here for Fanmate Art Museum)

4. Take the 2nd road on your left (again, huge brown signs with arrows, you cant miss it)

Participant

Easy, that’s not far from me at all. I’ll put it on my calendar.

Participant

more event details here

will update the thread as soon as we hear more…

Participant

Participant

I’ve had the fortune of being given a tour of this space.  Formally a violin factory, this compound is centered around a real nice outdoor space.  It’s not large and overwhelming nor does it have that phony industrial feel of East Music Park.

Either way, really looking forward to seeing this placed filled up with folks.  There’s all kind of room to have a good time out there.

Plus I’d suggest a map.  It’s a bit tricky to find if you’re unfamiliar with the area.

Participant

Really cool flyer, can’t wait. Been too long since the last festival.

Keymaster

Who is performing on what day? Any clue?

I like how they list “DJs” in one place and then the “Psy” category of trance DJs in another. After just getting back from Shanghai and seeing this it makes me realize how far behind we are from Beijing and Shanghai.

Whatever though, hopefully this is fun. On the upside, this is really cheap at 50 yuan per day pre-sale (at least that’s what it looks like, pretty blurry).

Participant

Metallica played Shanghai recently too. Come to Chengdu? No chance….

Participant

There’s a separate “Psy” area somewhere within the grounds, Djs coming through from Beijing to play it by all accounts…

Should have the Day1/2 bands and Dj plan coming thru later tonight so will post it here when we get it.

Metallica would draw a massive crowd if they ever came to Chengdu, how much were the tickets?

Participant

Metallica would draw a massive crowd if they ever came to Chengdu, how much were the tickets?

The cheapest ticket was 500. Not a bad deal if you consider people paid similar money to see skrillex in shanghai.

Who is performing on what day? Any clue?

Cha Cha is playing 2 sets, reggae on the first day on the main stage and an electronic set on the 2nd day in the xiong mao area. Drunk Monk & Jiang Liang both play on the 2nd day too. They are the folk I’m looking out for.

Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.