Cookin' Chengdu Festival Oct 1/2

HomeForumsIn ChengduCookin' Chengdu Festival Oct 1/2

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sorry, off the topic a little (but that’s what i do best!), re : Metallica. Friend was telling me they had a severely restricted set list in Shanghai, which is weird, cos anyone who knows Metallica would be aware that this a very non-political band (apart from Justice For All). These guys, although known as “Alcoholica” in the past are also famously anti-drug (ie. the song Master of Puppets).

Re: pulling a crowd in Chengdu: doubtful at those ticket prices, maybe if part of a festival. Apparently more than half the Shanghai crowd were foreigners, but at least the locals didnt leave early (as happened the first time the Stones came! Ha ha)

Keymaster

The cheapest ticket was 500. Not a bad deal if you consider people paid similar money to see skrillex in shanghai.

That really isn’t a bad deal, especially in the context of Skrillex. If I were in Shanghai I would have gone to the Metallica just for the sake of nostalgia, even though Metallica is like 60 years old now. Their recent album Death Magnetic is pretty good and sounds like their old material (finally – they went two decades without releasing any good music until pretty recently).

Cha Cha is playing 2 sets, reggae on the first day on the main stage and an electronic set on the 2nd day in the xiong mao area. Drunk Monk & Jiang Liang both play on the 2nd day too. They are the folk I’m looking out for.

Yes! These will be the acts to see at this festival. I ran into Drunk Monk in Shanghai and he mentioned that he was coming to this. I had forgotten about “Cooking Chengdu” and thought that he was coming to play at Zebra Music Festival. It’s been a while since either him or Cha Cha have performed here.

Participant

http://weibo.com/punkjc

if u join this. they will give u  free tix

Participant

All please buy your tickets at Hemp House, Lan Town, Morning Bar and Lotus Palace. RMB80/ day (pre-sale RMB50 two-day RMB100 incl. one free shot)

Participant

http://weibo.com/punkjc if u join this. they will give u free tix

Only if you are in the skateboard competition. Only 20 tickets.

Participant
    Participant

Some pics to go with the directions. If you are travelling along the 2nd ring road from the south of the city towards the east turn right at wanda plaza (jin hua road). Go straight for about 1.5km, you’ll see this sign.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Turn left (onto chen hui road) at the traffic lights. Go straight for about 500m, you’ll reach a T junction. The venue is clearly signposted from here.

About 200m after you turned right there’s an identical brown sign. Follow the arrow and you’ve arrived.

Participant

All Hemp House and Lan Town have sold all of their day one tickets.  Still have lots of day two tickets available.

Also tickets available online at Taobao.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.p6PVex&id=35013299722

Participant

It’s all coming together

Participant

Pics from todays sound check.  Sounds awesome.

Participant

It’s all coming together

I was around for part of the sound check this afternoon and it was sounding surprisingly tight. I did see a dude in an Allen & Heath T-Shirt, not sure if legit engineer or just funny, but the main stage sounds punchy.

Stoked that Xiong Mao is right beside the gallery entrance, where we will be happy to see any of you on here popping in to check us out or just chill.

There’s a great future ahead for the area, and it looks set to be kicking off nicely thanks to the efforts of everyone involved. 1500 tickets already sold as of earlier today, so the numbers look good.

Keymaster

Pics from todays sound check. Sounds awesome.

Damn, that place came together fast!

Stoked that Xiong Mao is right beside the gallery entrance, where we will be happy to see any of you on here popping in to check us out or just chill.

What’s going on inside the gallery? Does it have a name or a website, any info? This new area sounds interesting.

Damn, that place came together fast!

Everyone involved in this district is highly motivated, particularly since the go-ahead has now been given for (huge) expansion within the next two years.

What’s going on inside the gallery? Does it have a name or a website, any info? This new area sounds interesting.

We’re having a (very) soft opening of the space, aptly named DIVISION. Any of you stopping by will know why when you see the layout. We will be screen printing limited run posters during the event, with some customisation available to anyone buying a print. You’ll be able to see the prints being made for you, and if that doesn’t float your boat you can chill to some old school art flicks like ‘Wild Style’, & ‘Downtown 81’. Please feel free to come and throw ideas at us during the two days for anything you’d like to see. Our hope is for the space to allow us to experiment with a wide range of creative media, bringing together art, design, film, music, and any number of interesting artistic mediums. Additionally if you have any work you think we might want to show, come show us what you got!

Participant

This is going to be superb! The xiong mao area and band area both sound great. Can’t wait!

Keymaster

All Hemp House and Lan Town have sold all of their day one tickets. Still have lots of day two tickets available.

Nice!!!

Participant

all the pre sale tickets have now sold out, this is gonna be great!

Participant

What? I was just going to get pre-sale tix now! Can we still get them, or be put on a waitlist or something?

Participant

All if your coming from Longxing Ave.  This is the road you want to look for just next to the bus stop

Participant

So no one gets confused. All the pre sale tickets are sold, though anyone who comes to the event directly, may buy the tickets on the spot. No worries

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.